GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whiteline Roll Center Kit

king526

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi S3
A quick comparison on my end shows the Whiteline LCA's have a lot more caster and less camber than what you get with the SuperPro's. It's either that or the difference between the cast-iron and aluminum hubs, but I'm more inclined to believe it's down to the design of the LCA's. For reference I'm also running 355's on my ST-40 kit, so at least that helps narrow it down some.
I'm not sure what the camber is with the Whiteline LCA since I also have GC camber plates and currently sitting at -3 for camber. I believe the difference might be from the cast-iron and aluminum hubs for fitment. Since a friend friend with a MK6 GTI tried to fit the Whiteline ball joints on his car and they are rubbing with his BBK setup. If anyone is interested...I do have a set of Whiteline ball joints for sale for cheap, however they do have scratches on them from the rotors rubbing up against them.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
I'm not sure what the camber is with the Whiteline LCA since I also have GC camber plates and currently sitting at -3 for camber. I believe the difference might be from the cast-iron and aluminum hubs for fitment. Since a friend friend with a MK6 GTI tried to fit the Whiteline ball joints on his car and they are rubbing with his BBK setup. If anyone is interested...I do have a set of Whiteline ball joints for sale for cheap, however they do have scratches on them from the rotors rubbing up against them.
Interesting, something about the layout of the aluminum knuckle must provide additional clearance vis-à-vis pushing rotor further away from the ball joint than on the cast-iron knuckles. For reference Whiteline states .25 degrees on negative camber and 3 degrees of caster on their LCA's while SuperPro claims .5 degrees of additional camber and only one degree of caster. Either way, hearing of this on the Mk6 really makes me think this isn't a problem that's solved with whatever alignment spec you wind up on.

A proper shame since I was really looking forward to running these, but ah well. And hey, if anyone else wants another pair of cheap slightly ground down Whiteline ball joints just let me know :p

Dario

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7R
bump if there is any news about before I order the roll kit

Golf R, stock control arms and Stoptech 355 st40 brakes

S-4Motion

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen 4Mo

After reading the rest of the thread, I wouldn't. Seems like whiteline had issues with BBK fitment on stock arms as well.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
would love to hear / see how much extra height the whiteline ball joint has, compared to stock.

wheel fitment issues are likely for me. worst case I may eat a restocking fee if no feedback on this.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion

Yeah from what we were able to suss out the kit really doesn't play well with the BBK out on the market. For reference I had your exact same brake setup on front when I had my clearance issues, but with different LCA's to be fair.

I'd be cautious, whatever benefits you may get from the kit probably don't outweigh the cost of new 355 StopTech rotors. Those things punched a pretty nasty hole in the wallet.

Dario

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7R
fck it, will give them to my friend if they dont work with the stoptechs

seems everybody had issues with bbk and diffrent LCA's

king526

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi S3
I posted a set of used Whiteline ball joints for sale that has cosmetic damage to them in the for sale section if anyone is interested in purchasing a set for a good price.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I posted a set of used Whiteline ball joints for sale that has cosmetic damage to them in the for sale section if anyone is interested in purchasing a set for a good price.
how do they compare to stock with respect to ball joint height?

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I never really measured the height difference compared to stock and I do not have a set of stock ball joints to compare them to.
thanks for responding

HuntR

Go Kart Newbie
The extra camber is from slots on the balljoint adapter. You just loosen the three studs and move it outward then retorque.
Interested in this product--I'm not sure I like that slotted adjustment--will it move over time or move with an impact? If Whiteline can't spec basic bolt lengths properly, what other glaringly obvious/critical design aspects are they overlooking? Not the safest imo considering outcome of movement or failure of that critical component.

king526

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi S3
I've had the Whiteline ball joints installed for a little over half a year now and made it through one NYC winter with a lot of snow and also through 2 track days and the slotted adjustments have not moved over time nor impact with NYC pothole ridden streets during and after the winter.