GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whiteline Roll Center Kit

shlimp

Passed Driver's Ed
So I think I'm the first one to actually try this part on a Golf. But the difference has been amazing. And I totally recommend this to anyone who has springs on their car (because yes this affects anyone with springs/coilovers/air bags). I would rate this equal to doing a rear sway bar as far as how much difference it makes to handling.

When you lower your car on a Macpherson strut (which our cars are) you mess up the suspension geometry. The geometry determines your roll center among other things. The roll center is at which point your car will start to roll under lateral forces. This part fixes that (it's a one size fits all, so for some it'll totally fix it, for some it'll bring them closer to spec).

What I've noticed since this morning since I've had it installed:
- Increased front grip in turns
- Better turn-in
- High speed stability in turns
- With my current mods, the car rotates much more easily
- Less understeer on turnin
- Adds a .5 degrees of adjustable camber

Current Mods:
Whiteline springs
Racingline Struts
Eurocode Rear trunk brace
Eurocode Rear Sway bar
Eurocode Rear endlinks
Front control arm bushings (added caster)
034 Camber plates
Rear 034 HD shock mounts
034 Subframe inserts
CTS engine and transmission mounts
HPA dogbone mount

Downside:
Had to shorten one of the bolts because it was too long and it was hitting the knuckle. I've contacted Whiteline about this.

Last edited:

shlimp

Passed Driver's Ed
How much will it improve the ride if i alrealdy have an RSB and am lowered?

The only mod I installed today was the roll center kit, and it was a night and day difference. I mean seriously, it was as big of a difference as installing just the rear sway bar itself.

There's less understeer on turnin (and I have -2.5 camber) and more stability through the turn.

ejones725

Passed Driver's Ed
How much are you lowered?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ejones725

Passed Driver's Ed
Whiteline says the springs only lower 20mm, but it seems to be 40mm or so.
Gotcha. I am lowering soon, but i already have superpro control arms, and for some reason superpro says their roll center kit wont work with control arms and bbk

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
This part is for a Mk 6. SuperPro gave up on making a similar part for the Mk 7 due to issues with clearance with certain (unspecified) BBKs.

shlimp

Passed Driver's Ed
Gotcha. I am lowering soon, but i already have superpro control arms, and for some reason superpro says their roll center kit wont work with control arms and bbk

Whiteline didn't have any warning on their product. I'm curious as to why it doesn't work with those combination of parts.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
According to Whiteline their part is marketed towards mk5,6, and 7.

I doesn't show up if you enter a Mk 7 Golf as the car type.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie