GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whiteline or Superpro rear sway bar - 22mm

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Just wondering what peoples options are regarding a 22mm Whiteline or Superpro rear sway bar.
Is one better than the other or are they both quite simlar
They are both roughly the same price but the Whiteline one is coming in a little cheaper

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
It's metal with a measured outer thickness. All bars do the same job.

The only thing I've ever considered is the mounting hardware.

If you are just going to put on a different rear bar, for no apparent reason other than you want to, then just do whatever.

Reactions: kep

Mr. Conundrum

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Just wondering what peoples options are regarding a 22mm Whiteline or Superpro rear sway bar.
Is one better than the other or are they both quite simlar
They are both roughly the same price but the Whiteline one is coming in a little cheaper
They're both solid bars and the same diameter, so they should perform the same. There may be a difference in the bushings, possibly, but both companies generally make good products.

I recently was in the same position, deciding between those two products, and I decided to go with Superpro. People seem happy with their Superpro products here, and in other communities, Superpro seems to have a slightly better reputation than WL. Can't give you a review yet, because I haven't installed it.

Superpro does have a bundle with endlinks that's not a bad price. People usually go with the Moog ones, but they're out of stock.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
There's a 2nd hand 034 bar on ebay that about the same price as either of these new. I'd prefer a 034 bar as they are black but wondering if the the mounting bushes could be worn.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
They are basically the same but given a choice I recommend SuperPro. They make great products. I have their now discontinued motor mounts and they're fantastic.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
I bought the Superpro 22mm kit which included the endlinks. Nothing but good things to say about it. Woke up the tail end of the Gti. 20k miles of use daily and a few track days. Bushings are asking for some grease lately.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
There's a 2nd hand 034 bar on ebay that about the same price as either of these new. I'd prefer a 034 bar as they are black but wondering if the the mounting bushes could be worn.
there have been mishaps with 034 rear bar bushings. there's a thread somewhere here or on Vortex. An autocrosser at the club I belonged to in Tampa did as well on his GTI.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
there have been mishaps with 034 rear bar bushings. there's a thread somewhere here or on Vortex. An autocrosser at the club I belonged to in Tampa did as well on his GTI.
Thats interesting .. its the first I've heard about this. From everything I've read and heard the 034 RSB is probably the best out there with zero issues.
The 'only' potential issue i'v ever heard is with the spherical bearings end links that can sometimes be noisy if not routinely maintained.

Last edited:

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto