GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

White spots on front windscreen surrounds

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Hey all,

Today while washing my car I noticed these white spots on the rubber surrounds of the front windscreen. I have no idea what it is and kept rubbing and washing it off but it doesn't come off.

Any idea what it is and how I can get it off? Any help will be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_5751.JPG
    IMG_5751.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_5752.JPG
    IMG_5752.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_5753.JPG
    IMG_5753.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_5754.JPG
    IMG_5754.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_5755.JPG
    IMG_5755.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 535

jimble1

Ready to race!
Do you have Autoglym products in the UAE? If it was mine i'd try something like Fast Glass, it's a glass cleaner but can be used on any plastics and rubber and is great at removing wax residue, either that or some other type of automotive all purpose cleaner.
They look like water spots which we get a lot in the UK in hard water areas if left to dry in the sun.

Thunderer

Passed Driver's Ed
Coming to think of it, I too have similar spots ... Will panel wipe of the gtechniq remove it? Since I have it handy (obviously I spray on a cloth and wipe)

Tnx

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Do you have Autoglym products in the UAE? If it was mine i'd try something like Fast Glass, it's a glass cleaner but can be used on any plastics and rubber and is great at removing wax residue, either that or some other type of automotive all purpose cleaner.
They look like water spots which we get a lot in the UK in hard water areas if left to dry in the sun.

Ahh I doubt we get Autoglym here as i've never seen them around. The brands i've seen are 3m, armor all, turtle wax - these are the common cleaners.

Thanks for your help! Will try an all purpose cleaner from one of those brands to see if it helps.

GTD184

Ready to race!
As Jimble said Looks like water spots....... Baby oil will rid those water marks and restore to factory finish;)