GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

white silver metallic vs pure white GTI

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
But the guy that revived the thread wanted to know what size the dudes Pretorias are, which they clearly look like 19's. PM the the person that posted the picture would have been best option.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
But the guy that revived the thread wanted to know what size the dudes Pretorias are, which they clearly look like 19's. PM the the person that posted the picture would have been best option.
Exactly. The revival was not asking the same question. If a new thread asking what color car to buy popped up, I would have told them to search. People started replying to the thread answering the OP's question, which I thought was funny because they didn't look at the date. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for bumping old threads with more info and pics relevant to the OP

Last edited:

Kodos

Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Obviously, I am a bit biased - but I think WSM looks great in pictures. Though the lighting conditions can dramatically change your impression of the color. I had a hard time choosing between the two whites on the dealer lot, but I went with WSM as it is a bit more unique. The regular white is very classic GTI though - so not sure there's a bad choice here. Here are two photos of my car in different lighting conditions on the same day (the day I bought it). Second photo is right as soon as I took delivery in the afternoon. The first photo is in the evening when the sun was going down.

20200430_005022942_iOS.jpg

20200429_200903406_iOS.jpg

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
I think everyone that has White Silver Metallic knows, deep down, at the very core of their aesthetic, if they're entirely honest, that they bought the right color. LOL

It would be a $4,000 option on many vehicles.

The only reason I can generate for this color ending up on a budget car is simple: Lamborghini ordered it for a volume car and didn't use it that year.

No question in my mind. It's got to be a Lamborghini color.

That said, I could see some people not liking it. It's certainly visually confusing, but I think the car actually has enough lines to make it work.

FakeLime

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
I ended up going with the classic Pure White. The VW site didn't show much of a difference between the two on screen and since my previous car was silver and I wanted a different color, I chose Pure White. But actually seeing the two side by side at the dealer recently, I wish I have chosen the White Silver Metallic. It looks great at dusk. It is a cool and unique grayish color.

But you cannot go wrong with either. You don't see the paint when you are driving anyway.