GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whine on Acceleration

wordsthatiwrote

Ready to race!
I drive a 2k16 DSG. Can't say that I have heard this whine. Almost sounds like a supercharger.
I have 45k miles and am due for a fluid change.

However, if I notice it i will;

1. be thoroughly irritated at you pointing this out
2. let you know

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
I’ve just had the DSG oil and filter change at 36000 miles and definitely didn’t have the noise before and it’s even quieter now if that’s possible!

GhostGTI2

Ready to race!
2015 DSG w/ 49k - I don't have this whine. I completed the DSG service at around 42k...never had that whine before or after the service.

ShadowCatEXE

Car(s)
2021 CFB 6MT GTI
Another update...

Decided to get a second opinion on the noise after it starting to annoy the **** outta me. Tech said it sounds like it's the turbo. He took an audio clip and sent it over to another VW place to get confirmation if they can go ahead and swap it.

Even if it isn't the turbo and they change it, at least I get a new one installed before the warranty is up!

Will update again when I get an update from the dealer.

ShadowCatEXE

Car(s)
2021 CFB 6MT GTI
Another update...

Decided to get a second opinion on the noise after it starting to annoy the **** outta me. Tech said it sounds like it's the turbo. He took an audio clip and sent it over to another VW place to get confirmation if they can go ahead and swap it.

Even if it isn't the turbo and they change it, at least I get a new one installed before the warranty is up!

Will update again when I get an update from the dealer.

Okay, so followup to this.

I did end up getting my turbo replaced (under warranty), however, the noise is still present. The tech said they tested 2 brand new GTI's, and both made the same exact noise. He said it's more than likely the waste gate actuator opening/closing when accelerating/decelerating. The tech also mentioned it is quite odd, but not to worry about it.