Votes: 7 38.9%
  • 84mm Angled-Cut Chrome

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters

Mr.BearCop

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 SE GTI
Angled Quad tips for me, why does the R only have to have them ? Looks sportier to me.

Mr.BearCop

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 SE GTI
Very cool and thank you for the picture! I've already got the Remus axle back, resonated (has muffler) quad tip exhaust with a satin black diffuser on order with ECS Tuning. Should ship about Sept 13th or something. I've already picked one of those tips in the poll but I might change it out depending. Thank you again sir. :)
I might be next. Just had the car tuned and feels like it could use a little bit more presence when I hot the gas .

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Don't they do the Racing tips any more?

Mr.BearCop

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 SE GTI
I know I also want the Remus cat-back. Where are you guys getting them ? ECS Tuning ?

1L19

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
I might be next. Just had the car tuned and feels like it could use a little bit more presence when I hot the gas .
If you are interested in quad tips the Remus kit is the only thing I could find other than a hack job to cut off the stock tips, round the pipes and weld on some new ones. Even then you'll still need to do something about the diffuser. If it's just sound you're after I offer this video and a great post on our forums to check out. Interested to see what you go with...

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

VW Golf Mk7 GTI Exhaust sound compilation

Last edited:

Mr.BearCop

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 SE GTI
If you are interested in quad tips the Remus kit is the only thing I could find other than a hack job to cut off the stock tips, round the pipes and weld on some new ones. Even then you'll still need to do something about the diffuser. If it's just sound you're after I offer this video and a great post on our forums to check out. Interested to see what you go with...

Thank You for this information!

I am looking for a specific sound and look, I feel low rumble and quad tips is the answer.

Mr.BearCop

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 SE GTI

Are you going with resonator or non resonator ?

1L19

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Are you going with resonator or non resonator ?
This is what I got with the satin black diffuser and the 90mm tips

The look of the quad tips is what is prompting my purchase. I don't care to much about sound as long as it's no too loud and stupid or full of the snap crackle and pop which I don't care for to be honest. I'm sure you've noticed that Remus uses the terms resonated and non-resonated to mean the muffler as opposed to the resonator. So a resonated axle back has a muffler while a non-resonated axle back does not.

1L19

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Don't they do the Racing tips any more?
Yes they do have them but it's weird. Some tips you see on the Remus site and not on ECS tuning and vice versa. Like those racing tips are only on Remus but my 90mm chrome flat ends were on ECS and not Remus. Not sure why.

Mr.BearCop

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 SE GTI
This is what I got with the satin black diffuser and the 90mm tips

The look of the quad tips is what is prompting my purchase. I don't care to much about sound as long as it's no too loud and stupid or full of the snap crackle and pop which I don't care for to be honest. I'm sure you've noticed that Remus uses the terms resonated and non-resonated to mean the muffler as opposed to the resonator. So a resonated axle back has a muffler while a non-resonated axle back does not.
Alright , I got it now. I see non resonator axle back (muffler ) vs resonated (with muffler).
Extremely helpful !! I was lost and my AU-Tuning Rep was quoting something completely different