GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which paint protection solution would you choose?

Which paint protection solution would you choose?

• Meguiar's Fast Finish

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

eajr

Go Kart Champion
I'm looking for an easy and cost effective way to protect my new Mk7.5. I would prefer to do a professional ceramic coating, but $1k is not in the budget atm. These are the top three options based off my research and from popular Youtubers. If you have an alternative that isn't stated, please let us know what you use.

I'm looking for ease of use, longevity + durability, and uv protection.

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Seal N Shine x2

All three of your requirements meet the use case for Seal and Shine.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I ceramic coated mine over a year ago and it is the best thing I ever did. It took a few days to do (hence the price for someone else to do it) but worth a bit of work for the results. Makes cleaning the car a doddle and doesn't get as dirty as it used to because of the coating. Plus you wont have to wax the car again just a top up every 4 or so washes with something like GYEON Q²M WetCoat and it should last years.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
I ceramic coated mine over a year ago and it is the best thing I ever did. It took a few days to do (hence the price for someone else to do it) but worth a bit of work for the results. Makes cleaning the car a doddle and doesn't get as dirty as it used to because of the coating. Plus you wont have to wax the car again just a top up every 4 or so washes with something like GYEON Q²M WetCoat and it should last years.
Yes that's the best possible scenario, however like I stated, that's just not in my budget atm.

LarryLaptimes

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
I did three coats of Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray coating a few months ago and have been thoroughly impressed with the results. Water still beads like crazy and it’s very easy to apply.

A lot of guys seem to like the Seal & Shine. Either way I don’t think you can go wrong. Turtle Wax has some solid products lately for about as cheap as it gets.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
I did three coats of Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray coating a few months ago and have been thoroughly impressed with the results. Water still beads like crazy and it’s very easy to apply.

A lot of guys seem to like the Seal & Shine. Either way I don’t think you can go wrong. Turtle Wax has some solid products lately for about as cheap as it gets.
I really like the idea of the TW for ease of use vs the traditional sealant and wax, like the Jescar and Collinite. I'm not lazy, but I do like shortcuts when I can find them.

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
I prefer the Seal N Shine due to it seemingly having the higher chemical resistance (durability) vs their ceramic line. After watching a couple reviews between the two (Pan the Organizer and Jimbo’s Detailing) on YouTube, I prefer to stick to their older stuff.

I do use their hybrid ceramic wash soap, it’s ridiculously slick when washing the car.

LarryLaptimes

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
I really like the idea of the TW for ease of use vs the traditional sealant and wax, like the Jescar and Collinite. I'm not lazy, but I do like shortcuts when I can find them.

I had used sealants and waxes for years until I began using the TW ceramic spray coating. I’m old school and was apprehensive to try anything else but I got tired of how quickly sealants and waxes lost their ability to bead and shed water. I think the TW spray coating is the best bridge between an actual ceramic coating and a sealant. I have never found a sealant that sheds and beads water like the ceramic spray coating.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
I had used sealants and waxes for years until I began using the TW ceramic spray coating. I’m old school and was apprehensive to try anything else but I got tired of how quickly sealants and waxes lost their ability to bead and shed water. I think the TW spray coating is the best bridge between an actual ceramic coating and a sealant. I have never found a sealant that sheds and beads water like the ceramic spray coating.
Thanks for the feedback. I was at my local Pep Boys and the entire store was 50% (going out of business) and I managed to score a bottle of the Ceramic. I was just looking for further input and real world experience.

LarryLaptimes

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
Thanks for the feedback. I was at my local Pep Boys and the entire store was 50% (going out of business) and I managed to score a bottle of the Ceramic. I was just looking for further input and real world experience.

My only other recommendation is if you’ve got a full weekend to let it cure and not get wet do 2 coats. I think it really enhances the protection. I had 3 days where I wasn’t going to drive the car during the pandemic and was able to do 3 coats of it. Super easy to apply. Just follow the cure time. 3 months later it still beads like the day I applied it.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
My only other recommendation is if you’ve got a full weekend to let it cure and not get wet do 2 coats. I think it really enhances the protection. I had 3 days where I wasn’t going to drive the car during the pandemic and was able to do 3 coats of it. Super easy to apply. Just follow the cure time. 3 months later it still beads like the day I applied it.
In my case I'm in luck; I just landed a new job and I get a week off in between my current job and that one so it sounds like I have a date with my Gti.