GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which cat back exhausts accentuate “dsg farts”

Reeseth21

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 GTI SE
Hey do you own a mk 7 or the facelift 7.5 ? If you have the 7.5 the DSG farts are not extremely pronounced compared to the mk 7. Just in case you didn’t know :)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
They are in my 18 SE.

They aren’t on my 2020 GTI. Maybe it was after a certain year they made some changes. I’m not sure.

I believe it was a change with the DQ381 7spd DSG in 2019 that did that. Everyone I've talked to with a 2019/2020 DSG has said they're much less pronounced/non-existent.

Reeseth21

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 GTI SE
I believe it was a change with the DQ381 7spd DSG in 2019 that did that. Everyone I've talked to with a 2019/2020 DSG has said they're much less pronounced/non-existent.
Good to know. I knew it had something to do with the 7 speed dsg vs 6 speed dsg and I just associated that with the facelift in 2017.

WhiteRabbit_MK7.5

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI MK7.5
What characteristics should I be looking for exactly? Muffler-less? 2.5”? 3”?

I don’t like pops and bangs myself. Plus i am on the stock downpipe and I’m happy with stage 1 power levels. But I’d like to hear that zipper like series of pops from the exhaust on dsg upshifts.

as of now. I’m really digging the akrapovic axle back. But I will never buy it. 2k is a lot.

thanks for the help!
I would look into getting a DP since u are already tuned so it would be an increase in HP and sound
AWE Track. While I had an aftermarket downpipe, it gave hella DSG farts.
I have the AWE Track Catback and the tone it produces is REALLY nice however it is barely louder than the stock exhaust with the stock DP, can’t wait to get a DP to actually hear it scream !!!

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Not a MagnaFlow 12646 Resonator swap on stock muffler. This guy eats all my farts and doesn't even say thankyou.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Honestly my car stage 1 with muffler delete sounded pretty good and had great DSG farts. It actually cracked sometimes like a whip. When I added a vibrant resonator it made the drone a little better but I lost a lot of the pops and burbles.
+1 for stage 1 w/ muffler delete. I drove around with that for a year or so and enjoyed it. You'll also get DSG fart sounds when TC kicks in hard enough.

Muffler delete isn't the best idea if you plan on going stage 2 tho.

Canecreekfreak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI sport
Hey Keehs360- did you ever get a replacement exhaust? If so, what did you go with, and how are the farts?

I had a MBRP catback on my '17 for a bit, w/the stock DP, and the DSG farts were very pronounced, even when not accelerating too hard. Unfortunately it also had some drone, although the other reviews of it said they had zero drone.