GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which brand fuel works best

IES99

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Sheetz

Dunno about the gas, but I sure wouldn't eat anything from a place called sheetz, main.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sheetz is a family name. Their company, with origins in Altoona, PA, is a convenience store/gas station. Think of 7Eleven or Circle K, etc.

The Sheetz stores tend to be larger and more widespread with time and usually clean and busy.

Nothing wrong (but nothing particularly great either) with the food there.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Sheetz is a family name. Their company, with origins in Altoona, PA, is a convenience store/gas station. Think of 7Eleven or Circle K, etc.

The Sheetz stores tend to be larger and more widespread with time and usually clean and busy.

Wawa is still better. :D

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie

It was just a play on words. ;) We don't have sheetz or wawa here (wawas are pretty nice stores...been to them in Florida).

We do have QuikTrip though! The best of the best when it comes to convenience stores...and they have top tier gas. I always fill up at QT.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TheJokker

Go Kart Newbie
Yes, and the pick up is from the bottom of the tank....so.....there's your water. I got water from a fuel station once in my TDI. I had to flush my tank, lines, and rail. Then spend the next week hoping my HP pump wasn't F'd. The fuel filter in the pump didn't stop it, the fuel filter on my car didn't stop it. I was rolling steam before it shut off.
Water is not the only problem. I try to buy from recently constructed gas stations assuming new, clean, storage tanks.

"What do water, rust, dirt, dust, bacteria and algae have in common? You don’t want them in your bulk fuel storage tank."

http://www.cenex.com/about/cenex-in...agriculture-and-farming/water-bulk-fuel-tanks

VWMASS

My 2017 Gold Wolfsburg Edition only requires 87 octane. I have tried others, but it seems like Shell 87 gives the best mileage overall. Costs only a few pennies more.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
I give Shell my business when I can, they always seem to have 93 up in remote areas of New England when no one else does. I run a 93 tune so it's somewhat important to me.

Otherwise Mobil or Irving, as they are everywhere in NE.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Tried Costco 93 today after being a diehard Shell V-Power 93 fan, and it significantly reduced the KR I was seeing. I’ve only done a few pulls but the ones I have done look much better. Also only paid $1.99 ?. Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I didn’t think this was worthy of a new thread.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
Back when I had a TDI, it was the local station that had the most traffic for diesel.

With petrol, I use Arco mainly because they are the least expensive for me for the Top Tiers Gas.