GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where's the sweet spot?

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I have had EQT replace through their warranty service for what it's worth.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
That's my plan come springtime. I don't want to dick around with fueling, and no E close by. Closest I know of is half an hour away. Stay with stock fueling, put on an IS38, and grab an EQT pro tune.

If they ever release a canned E30 tune for the IS38 gti, then I will be sorely tempted and likely give in. Until then, I'm in a holding pattern of no more mods or upgrades. I stopped at all the good logical ones. There's nothing left to do that would seem worth it.

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
I know you're looking for the answer to your horsepower question but have you put enough into the rest of the car? I run a stock turbo with the Uni 1+ tune and am happy but it does let off the steam higher in the rpm range which I don't like at all. That said, I have always felt like if I didn't have the suspension/brakes to handle what I have now I would not enjoy the power that I have nearly as much. FWIW, I have 70k on a stock clutch with the tune for about the last 50k. No issues. Like you, this is my daily and I track it about 3-4 times a season, more if I could.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I know you're looking for the answer to your horsepower question but have you put enough into the rest of the car? I run a stock turbo with the Uni 1+ tune and am happy but it does let off the steam higher in the rpm range which I don't like at all. That said, I have always felt like if I didn't have the suspension/brakes to handle what I have now I would not enjoy the power that I have nearly as much. FWIW, I have 70k on a stock clutch with the tune for about the last 50k. No issues. Like you, this is my daily and I track it about 3-4 times a season, more if I could.
That feeling you’re describing, an intercooler will allow the car to advance a bit more boost in the middle and top rpm’s.

stock brake system is actually solid. Just needs better pads and fluid imo

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
That feeling you’re describing, an intercooler will allow the car to advance a bit more boost in the middle and top rpm’s.

stock brake system is actually solid. Just needs better pads and fluid imo
Thanks! I had always wondered about that... so many say to do the IC before a DP. Started saving for an IC today.

AERO

Go Kart Newbie

As for supporting mods, the GLI does have the PP brakes. I have upgraded brake pads, RBF600 fluid and I will have the RS3 brake cooling ducts before my next track day. I also have an ST rear swaybar. I also have run sticky tires. Otherwise its basically stock

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
As for supporting mods, the GLI does have the PP brakes. I have upgraded brake pads, RBF600 fluid and I will have the RS3 brake cooling ducts before my next track day. I also have an ST rear swaybar. I also have run sticky tires. Otherwise its basically stock
Are the cooling ducts worth it?

AERO

Go Kart Newbie
I've been told the brake ducts make a noticeable difference on the track.

I beat on my brakes hard enough that I'm willing to spend $100 on them. Certainly wouldn't do it if I didn't track my car. My local track has a multiple turns that really give the brakes a workout

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
the titanium shims help keep heat out of the brake pads and out of the fluid. They don't make a massive improvement but they are cheap and easy so i recommend them, especially if your brakes are not quite large enough for power level. I have stoptech st40 brakes 328mm two piece rotor setup with 450whp+ setup on a car that will maybe see 1 track day a year and I run them. You can find them for PP brakes online I think on ebay too