GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where to buy Pretoria wheels?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
don’t think there are any crackheads on the forum

To clarify... I must be the crackhead... I have the 18" Pretoria and am bored of black wheels... but I really like the look of the Dallas lol. I'll make a deal for anyone looking... I'll throw in the OEM 225/40R18 Pirelli P7 w/ around 1k miles if someone wants to make a deal...

So yes, there is at least one crackhead on the forum!

TMReid13

Car(s)
2021 Golf GTI SE 6MT
Dallas? Yuck. Those wheels are a huge reason I ordered a Rabbit. I guess there is no accounting for taste.

The best looking OEM wheel almost certainly has to be the Pretorias.

Just my opinion of course, but what do I know? - I'm just a weirdo that hates the Dallas wheels. ;)

View attachment 204015
Haha... I know I'm in the minority that likes the Dallas. Is that yours in Urano Grey? Those wheels look amazing on that car! I don't love them as much on my CFB '21.

Beautiful ride!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Haha... I know I'm in the minority that likes the Dallas. Is that yours in Urano Grey? Those wheels look amazing on that car! I don't love them as much on my CFB '21.

Beautiful ride!

If you don't like the black Pretoria's on a CFB Rabbit and would prefer the Dallas wheels, you might want to get a Covid test done. Because clearly you've lost your sense of taste :ROFLMAO:

In all realness, it's your car. As long as you like it, that's all that matters.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit

Beautiful ride!
Not my car in that picture, just an exact copy. The Pretorias do look great on the car, but I have since moved on to different wheels:

7-20-3.jpg

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
yea I like black wheels on grey or black cars. The white car with black wheels color scheme was always ok to me but it has grown on me since getting my white rabbit, looks pretty stunning in person especially first time I saw it but I would possibly like to get another set of rims in like a gunmetal, graphite or silver on my white rabbit. I was thinking of doing some other rim for spring/summer/fall and using my black pretorias for winter but that is the $$$ option, I could also sell my black pretorias and just replace them which would be cheaper.

Although, there aren't many white GTI's with black pretoria's as that was never a stock option even in 2021 with the exception on the 19 rabbit so I do have that going for it.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
yea I like black wheels on grey or black cars. The white car with black wheels color scheme was always ok to me but it has grown on me since getting my white rabbit, looks pretty stunning in person especially first time I saw it but I would possibly like to get another set of rims in like a gunmetal, graphite or silver on my white rabbit. I was thinking of doing some other rim for spring/summer/fall and using my black pretorias for winter but that is the $$$ option, I could also sell my black pretorias and just replace them which would be cheaper.

Although, there aren't many white GTI's with black pretoria's as that was never a stock option even in 2021 with the exception on the 19 rabbit so I do have that going for it.

I am trying to figure out if I'd like the black pretorias with my black paint. Even though the design of the Dallas wheels is crap I like the silver and black contrast.

woodardhsd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
Has anyone bought a set of these lately? If so, where, and what was the price?

The cheapest I've found a set of 4 is $1218, shipped to my house. Around $296 per wheel, and $35 shipping. I'm trying to buy local, but I can't even get a response from either of my local dealers. I'm assuming the 10% rebate offer still applies to online orders?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Has anyone bought a set of these lately? If so, where, and what was the price?

The cheapest I've found a set of 4 is $1218, shipped to my house. Around $296 per wheel, and $35 shipping. I'm trying to buy local, but I can't even get a response from either of my local dealers. I'm assuming the 10% rebate offer still applies to online orders?
You might wanna specify what size (18" or 19") and what color you're looking for...
Or what part number you want

But yeah...if it's a VW dealer, then you can still use the 10% rebate assuming that which Pretoria wheel version you're looking at is listed as an accessory wheel.
I think you can check/verify the part before hand on the rebate site:
https://www.vwserviceandparts.com/vw-accessory-rebate/

woodardhsd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
You might wanna specify what size (18" or 19") and what color you're looking for...
Or what part number you want

But yeah...if it's a VW dealer, then you can still use the 10% rebate assuming that which Pretoria wheel version you're looking at is listed as an accessory wheel.
I think you can check/verify the part before hand on the rebate site:
https://www.vwserviceandparts.com/vw-accessory-rebate/
Sorry, the 18" black Pretorias. Part number 5G0071498AAX1

They are listed as accessories for the GTI here: https://parts.vw.com/accessories/Volkswagen__GTI/18in.html

Zodiac

Passed Driver's Ed
Prices are insane. I just want to buy one good one for a spare. Was hoping with all these 2021 SE's that I'd find some cheap take offs, but alas no luck.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Sorry, the 18" black Pretorias. Part number 5G0071498AAX1

They are listed as accessories for the GTI here: https://parts.vw.com/accessories/Volkswagen__GTI/18in.html
My "go to" sites have them at $282.90 & $287.04, respectively:
https://volkswagen.worldoemparts.co...en-18-inch-pretoria-wheel-black-5g0071498aax1
&
https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/o...eel-black-oem-5g0-071-498-a-ax1-5g0071498aax1

If you buy from World OEM parts, then you'd get the VW accessory rebate as they're a VW dealer.
Unfortunately with BAM (who is a legit site/I've purchased from before), they wouldn't qualify for the rebate since they're a wholesaler or distributor or whatever.

woodardhsd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
I saw those, but shipping is over $200 for World OEM and $100 for BAM. Found them at VW of Murrieta for $295.72 each, but only $34.95 for shipping. I wonder if that shipping charge is too good to be true?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I saw those, but shipping is over $200 for World OEM and $100 for BAM. Found them at VW of Murrieta for $295.72 each, but only $34.95 for shipping. I wonder if that shipping charge is too good to be true?
Are you sure that's the shipping for all four wheels?

woodardhsd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG

They do have this disclaimer on their site "Oversize or overweight items may require additional shipping charges. We will contact you with the estimate of these additional charges once your order has been received."

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Gotcha. Yeah I didn’t check the specific shipping to you, sorry.

Yeah I saw the cheap shipping charges of $34.95 on a couple other sites too, but had a feeling they probably wouldn’t process it and/or the real shipping charges would be way more.
In the fine print it says they can adjust or cancel the order for something like that too

If I was gonna have wheels shipped to me, BAM had the best and realistic price.
And btw, with BAM use code “MINUS20” for 20% off shipping if you didn’t already know