GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where to buy Pretoria wheels?

TMReid13

Car(s)
2021 Golf GTI SE 6MT
To clarify... I must be the crackhead... I have the 18" Pretoria and am bored of black wheels... but I really like the look of the Dallas lol. I'll make a deal for anyone looking... I'll throw in the OEM 225/40R18 Pirelli P7 w/ around 1k miles if someone wants to make a deal...

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
To clarify... I must be the crackhead... I have the 18" Pretoria and am bored of black wheels... but I really like the look of the Dallas lol. I'll make a deal for anyone looking... I'll throw in the OEM 225/40R18 Pirelli P7 w/ around 1k miles if someone wants to make a deal...

not a bad deal, can probably sell them outright and get what you want. You might end up trading your basically new Pretoria’s for some old Dallas wheels. I’ve got black Pretoria’s on my pure white gti rabbit and while I love the rims I’ve thought of going to a gunmetal or silver rim, some good aftermarket options I would choose over Dallas wheels any day of the week

TMReid13

Car(s)
2021 Golf GTI SE 6MT
not a bad deal, can probably sell them outright and get what you want. You might end up trading your basically new Pretoria’s for some old Dallas wheels. I’ve got black Pretoria’s on my pure white gti rabbit and while I love the rims I’ve thought of going to a gunmetal or silver rim, some good aftermarket options I would choose over Dallas wheels any day of the week
Yeah, I actually work for a major tire and wheel retailer so I can get pretty decent deals on virtually anything I want. I’ve got some aftermarket stuff in mind, but I really like the clean twist 5 spoke. Not many wheel manufacturers seem to do that style anymore unfortunately.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Yeah, I actually work for a major tire and wheel retailer so I can get pretty decent deals on virtually anything I want. I’ve got some aftermarket stuff in mind, but I really like the clean twist 5 spoke. Not many wheel manufacturers seem to do that style anymore unfortunately.

RSE52’s are a clean 5-spoke flow formed wheel from Neuspeed. Bolts straight to the hub, no adapters/rings/aftermarket lugs needed. 18x8 ET45, so extra .25” outward from the hub, and an additional 4mm outward from the offset. Fills the well better, and the wheels weigh 20.75 lbs compared to stock Pretoria’s at 21.5. So super OEM+.

even if you’re lowered the wheels won’t rub. Totally good on clearance.

I strongly suggest em, I have RSE10’s in 18x8.5 ET45 and im considering the RSE05’s for a 17x8 winter wheel.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Do you happen to work for Discount Tires? If yes which store are you at?

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
What do you guys think is the best looking aftermarket/OEM wheel you have come across on mk7.5?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yeah, I work for Discount Tire. Spent 11 years in the stores in AZ and the last 9 in the corporate office. I work in the group that manages product Quality now
Great company. I've gone their exclusively since 1984. Going there tomorrow. Because of the mileage I drive I'm in there every 5 weeks getting rotation and balancing. I go to the store at Cave Creek and Bell and Chris the manager is fantastic.

TMReid13

Car(s)
2021 Golf GTI SE 6MT
Great company. I've gone their exclusively since 1984. Going there tomorrow. Because of the mileage I drive I'm in there every 5 weeks getting rotation and balancing. I go to the store at Cave Creek and Bell and Chris the manager is fantastic
I’m glad to hear that you’re a customer and you’re getting good service from us! I’m up here in the north valley as well! Only had my GTI a few weeks now but seems like it’s a great community!

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit

Dallas? Yuck. Those wheels are a huge reason I ordered a Rabbit. I guess there is no accounting for taste.

What do you guys think is the best looking aftermarket/OEM wheel you have come across on mk7.5?

The best looking OEM wheel almost certainly has to be the Pretorias.

Just my opinion of course, but what do I know? - I'm just a weirdo that hates the Dallas wheels. ;)

rabbit 1.jpg