GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where Does The Garage Door Clicker Go?

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Set up a smart house. Get the proper peripheral for the garage motor. Or just get a myQ

then tell Siri or google or Alexa to close it and open it

works for me. Plus its a flex to say hey Siri open the garage in front of others too lol

This sounds awesome.

I have no idea how to execute any of it. My house is dumb 😂

Jeffapotamus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I've got the homelink mirror. (I see someone here is selling one).
In a previous car, I did something like the mod linked on the first page. Instead of using one of the remotes though, I bought a homelink module off of eBay. They are currently about $20. Hardwire it and mount a small momentary switch somewhere out of the way like at the bottom of the dash or inside the center console cubby.

KS GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 R Lapis BlueDSG
Update-
Since the Genie remote is only about ⅔ the size of my Kessy remote and comes with the usual spring clip on the back, I ended up attaching the garage remote to the rear part of the driver's overhead grab handle. It's very secure, very discrete (especially since I put a piece of black tape over the small Genie logo) and easy to reach.

Works fine for me.

Thanks for all the ideas! Bob.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Update-
Since the Genie remote is only about ⅔ the size of my Kessy remote and comes with the usual spring clip on the back, I ended up attaching the garage remote to the rear part of the driver's overhead grab handle. It's very secure, very discrete (especially since I put a piece of black tape over the small Genie logo) and easy to reach.

Works fine for me.

Thanks for all the ideas! Bob.
I have my Genie remote on the passenger side visor. You can barely see it. I've always had Homelink mirrors but the Autobahn complicates the installation. It wasn't worth it to me.

Mrgrimloc79

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 gti se
Get that homelink! I installed it myself and it really wasn't hard. Plus you get the added bonus of rearview dimming and a compass.it feels so fancy.