GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where do you put your phone to be used as a satnav

starfield

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf 1.6L tdi
Hello all

I am having difficulty as to where to put my phone (which I use as a satnav) on the dash. I do not want it on the windscreen or on top of the dash. I think there are laws against that as it obstruct your view of the road. I do not want it on the vents either. Though the fins on the vents are well built, I feel with the combined effect of heat and the weight of the phone, it might start to bend. Where else, any suggestions?
Please send your pictures if you can.

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2010 GTI
I have a Kenu Airframe+ mount that I've been using in various cars for about 4 years. It's great and versatile. If I had to buy a new one I'd probably go with the Pro version.
Kenu Vent Mounts

Attachments

• 82F19C21-D91A-4E50-93E9-62972880DDA8.jpeg
    82F19C21-D91A-4E50-93E9-62972880DDA8.jpeg
    274.8 KB · Views: 117

CKIVSEPA

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got this yesterday off Ebay. Right about $15, covers the airbag lights but not the hazard, holds phone securely.
Pretty satisfied!
Seller was easy to work with. Well packaged.
Install was 2 minutes.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Just got this yesterday off Ebay. Right about $15, covers the airbag lights but not the hazard, holds phone securely.
Pretty satisfied!
Install was 2 minutes.

That's perfect. Right at eye level too.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Pretty satisfied!
Install was 2 minutes.
More info and pics please!! Is it a stick-on or clip-in...the holder not the phone?

CKIVSEPA

Passed Driver's Ed
I took some pics but cannot seem to get them to upload. :confused:

It's a simple device really, and probably not super crazy durable. Definitely "Made in China".
That said, I don't plan on throwing my phone at it, running it over for fun, or testing it's ability to withstand heat by placing it my over at 425 for 20-25min until done. I also don't plan to send it to Cobra Kai for practice in their dojo.

I like it because it meets my price point, the design is simple and not bad to look at when empty, and it sits somewhere that I am not using. It doesn't block vents, and leaves the hazard button accessible. I can easily get the phone in and out, and so far it holds very securely while driving. It doesn't block my view out the windshield at any point, yet is easy to glance at when necessary.

I plan to find a way to route the cable from the usb port to the phone so it isn't just hanging across the face of my controls, but haven't done that yet.

I got mine on Ebay, but I think Amazon has people selling the same item.
I like to find Ebay items with "Best Offer". I can usually get a few bucks cheaper by submitting an offer.

Maybe these links will work?

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3