GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where do y'all take used oil, like 28 gallons?

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Just driving to every auto parts store around town but usually they only take 2 gallons at a time.

Ideas?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

dietcokefiend

Master of Disaster
This.... In different trips

Don't waste your gas. Give the place a call. Last time I did this I got some laughs and the guys gave me a cart and told me where the bin was. They get to sell the used oil. It's not a service they pay for, it literally makes them money.

ebg18t

Ready to race!
My neighbor burns it his shop Heater. Maybe you have someone that could use it? Or just recycle it thru a parts place.

Nickva

Walmart also recycling the oils. Make sure the Walmart location has the tire shop in the back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

racerxxx

Ready to race!
Where you at in PA? My buddy burns it in his waste oil heater and he also takes fryer oil to make bio diesel for his Jetta. We're in bucks county.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I don't have much garage space for used oil so I usually recycle oil right after doing the oil changes. 2 cars at a time.

Unless you're in some super rural area, just drive around and drop off 2 bottles at a time and they'll be gone in no time.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Our local county dump has a place...all you can take.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Don't waste your gas. Give the place a call. Last time I did this I got some laughs and the guys gave me a cart and told me where the bin was. They get to sell the used oil. It's not a service they pay for, it literally makes them money.
I know but every time I've gone there they have a limit per customer. Awesome that yours doesn't

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Really odd they'd have a limit. Tanks are huge and they make money off it.

The recycling companies now charge to pick up or dispose of used oil. Years ago I owned a gas station in Ohio and they used to come around and pay me for used oil.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Really odd they'd have a limit. Tanks are huge and they make money off it.
I know right? I thought it was weird too. Not sure if it's my location either

mindonmatter

Ready to race!
Go to a Firestone. They usually have their waste oil container right by the bay doors. The two I've gone to have no limit. Don't even tell them how much. Just ask where the container is and back up to it and start dumping them.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
I just take all my used fluids to the local dump. Drop-off is free and they'll take as much as you have to give them.