GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheels and tires

WhiteRabbit_MK7.5

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI MK7.5
Sooo i been doing my research and decided that I either want the Enkei RS005’s or the Konig Countergram both in 18x8’5, but I’m having trouble finding which tire widths and aspect ratios (height) fit the rim without rubbing.

I would like to run 245/40 or 45 but don’t know if that would require an 18x9 wheel and trimming of inner fender ??

AAAAAND on top of that i have to add to the equation the fact that I want to get either the APR lowering springs (3/4 - 1 inch) or the H&R’s (1.3inch) so I don’t know what would be the set up to avoid rubbing and have the most contact patch, any help is appreciated

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Use tirerack's tread width spec on the tires you're considering and go from there. Rubbing really depends on your specific setup, including tires. Many people are running a 245/40/18 without issue, lowered increases the chance you'll have to do the fender screw mod to avoid rubbing.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
whats the offset? 245 might rub if its 1" drop up front. you can do fender liner bolt and that might be enough. worst case you need to run a 235/40 and then youll be fine for sure with apr or hr springs. some brand tires also run wider than others. for example ps4 will be wider than some other brands. so a 235 ps4 could almost be as wide as say a conti 245

WhiteRabbit_MK7.5

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI MK7.5
whats the offset? 245 might rub if its 1" drop up front. you can do fender liner bolt and that might be enough. worst case you need to run a 235/40 and then youll be fine for sure with apr or hr springs. some brand tires also run wider than others. for example ps4 will be wider than some other brands. so a 235 ps4 could almost be as wide as say a conti 245
Ooooooh gotta look into the fender screw thingy

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
I'm running Konig Ampliform with 255/35s, removed the fender screw and found out I didn't need to at all. I'm more than 1.5" lower than stock, and the only time I have rubbed was with my car fully loaded on highway dips in the rear, on vacation last summer. 18x8.5 et43

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I'm running Konig Ampliform with 255/35s, removed the fender screw and found out I didn't need to at all. I'm more than 1.5" lower than stock, and the only time I have rubbed was with my car fully loaded on highway dips in the rear, on vacation last summer. 18x8.5 et43

Not that we don't believe you, but we're gonna have to see some evidence 😉

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
Not that we don't believe you, but we're gonna have to see some evidence 😉

The side profile of the passenger side is the morning the rear tires rubbed on vacation, the front driver view is the normal height

Attachments

• IMG_20200902_065559__01.jpg
    IMG_20200902_065559__01.jpg
    632.1 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_20201004_004955__01.jpg
    IMG_20201004_004955__01.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 385

SK7.5

Car(s)
Mk 7.5 GTI
Hello all, I recently joined the forum (a little nervous as this is my first post 😅) and had a quick question regarding wheels and fitment. I know it will vary by brand a style but for a flush/almost flush set up what offset do you recommend? I'm looking at 18x8 45 Advanti Sveltos and just want to make sure I do all my research first.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
+45 is great, ideal for square rotatable setups. I run 225/40/18s on the same spec and it's fine.

edit: some will complain about the rear not being flush, but I find I get enough water sprayed on my front doors from the fronts as it is, if I thought running spacers was a good idea that would be an option for better rear looks.

Last edited:

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
The front track is about an inch wider than the rear on these cars, so whatever you get won't look exactly the same between front and rear without spacers or different offset/width wheels.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Hello all, I recently joined the forum (a little nervous as this is my first post 😅) and had a quick question regarding wheels and fitment. I know it will vary by brand a style but for a flush/almost flush set up what offset do you recommend? I'm looking at 18x8 45 Advanti Sveltos and just want to make sure I do all my research first.

With a 45 offset, I'd go with a 8.5 width wheel to get more of a flush look.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Not the best angle, but here are 18x8 45 ET wheels with 245/40/18 tires:

7-20-2.jpg