GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel suggestions please 😀

Bear77

Car(s)
BMW
Looking to buy a 1.4 TSI Golf. Would love the GTi but can’t stand the economy☹️. So thinking of blinging it up with some nice alloys. I’ve been trawling through eBay, any suggestions welcome. Although I am going to avoid 19 inch ones, as they only want the wheels for looks, not handling.

lightbody

Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI mk7.5
I did a 100 mile drive in my gti yesterday and averaged 43mpg which I'm pleased about.

Yes 19s are just a pain in the neck, i speak from experience.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Looking to buy a 1.4 TSI Golf. Would love the GTi but can’t stand the economy☹️. So thinking of blinging it up with some nice alloys. I’ve been trawling through eBay, any suggestions welcome. Although I am going to avoid 19 inch ones, as they only want the wheels for looks, not handling.
With the hundreds of wheels that are available it's pretty difficult to make suggestions. Why don't you make some selections then post them here for feedback.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Fuel economy is affected by the width of the tyre as it cause more aero drag (increases the frontal cross sectional area)..so if your car had 205mm wide tyres on 16inch rims then going up to 225mm wide on either 17inch or 18inch rims will affect the economy...regardless of tyre type or the weight of the alloy...

I have 17inch as that's what is factory spec on GT & is the same width as GTI...just nice & comfy for rough roads....& can still cope with me "rallying" down the back roads..

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Thanks golfdave. I might stay with stock then as fuel economy is important to me

If you are on 16inch alloys get a set the same size, just lighter.. ..I dropped 2kg per alloy wheel compared to factory even though I stayed the exact same alloy & tyre size/width..

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
How bout these

Attachments

• 39A88C6B-1AC1-43F0-9E84-D13AA3469C24.jpeg
    39A88C6B-1AC1-43F0-9E84-D13AA3469C24.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 66