GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel Spacers

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I wonder why ECS Tuning and others sell 15/20 spacer sets with the VWR sport springs as a combo, if there is rubbing?

ECS kit is to be used only with the factory Austins with factory fitted tires, this how they tested the kit they offer therefore no rubbing. I have the ECS VWR and spacers kit and even with 2 adults in the front and 3 girls in the back plus stuff in the boot and the car will not rub. If I change the wheels or the tires and use the spacers chances are that it will rub. The GTD uses a different wheel not tested by ECS on the GTI even if the are the same as the Austins there is a chance that they will rub, also every tire is different regardless of having the same sizes. I hope it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
That does help. And it does make sense. Thanks...

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Those are nice looking wheels. What model are they?

Are they the same specs as the Austins? 18x7.5 ET49

And what size tires? The stock tires on my GTI are 225/40R/18

I'm sure that you know all of this.

I wonder why ECS Tuning and others sell 15/20 spacer sets with the VWR sport springs as a combo, if there is rubbing?

I've read a lot of people say that there is no rubbing with this combo.

Perhaps the GTD engine is somewhat more heavy than the GTIs? Dumb question perhaps...just throwing that out there.

I have the 15/20 spacers in my garage. Waiting on the VWR springs.

The wheels are standard GTD Nogaro's (just painted Gunmetal), so the size will be the same as yours and the tyres are also 225/40/18.

I think you might be onto something with the GTD engine being a bit heavier... it does only happen over big compressions so is not a huge problem and doesn't appear to damage the tyres but if I fitted 15mm on the front I can only imagine it getting worse on the GTD, however if other people with GTI's are running them with no problem then you should be fine.

CjHoop

Passed Driver's Ed
The wheels are standard GTD Nogaro's (just painted Gunmetal), so the size will be the same as yours and the tyres are also 225/40/18.

I think you might be onto something with the GTD engine being a bit heavier... it does only happen over big compressions so is not a huge problem and doesn't appear to damage the tyres but if I fitted 15mm on the front I can only imagine it getting worse on the GTD, however if other people with GTI's are running them with no problem then you should be fine.
DSG is definitely heavier then 6MT, so I assume you also have DSG. but what I definitely notice in the red GTD is absolutely no reverse rake "appearance" which I see is more dominate on GTIs 6MT, even still slightly with DSGs. Wheel GAP on your ride is looking perfect, actually looks a tad higher in the back based on the second picture. On my GTI I have a two finger GAP upfront and 1 Finger GAP in the back (6MT) with VWR and Spulen "super flush kit".

Nice ride, looks great with the rims.

To add, I have noticed no rubbing with my setup yet.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
The wheels are standard GTD Nogaro's (just painted Gunmetal)

I have this wheel on my 17 GTI Sport and I really like it, but Hadn't ever thought about painting them, they look awesome. As someone who has a set of VMR 710's in gunmetal, nice job and it makes me want to paint mine too.

Did you paint them or did you give them to a shop to do?

ROBK75

Ready to race!
I have this wheel on my 17 GTI Sport and I really like it, but Hadn't ever thought about painting them, they look awesome. As someone who has a set of VMR 710's in gunmetal, nice job and it makes me want to paint mine too.

Did you paint them or did you give them to a shop to do?

My mate's got a paint shop so he did it, they're also much easier to repair if you scuff them then the original diamond cut finish are.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Had the car in for service. Got them to put on the ECS spacers (15/20) that I had sitting, waiting for springs. Wanted to see how it looked with just the spacers.

Thoughts?

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
Cars looking good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I think it looks more 4x4 with the spacers, than it did before.

Springs hopefully soon...

Shaun1

I've got 12mm front / 20mm rear spacers on my GTD with standard wheels along with VWR springs, I think 15mm on the front would be too much as mine rubs now over any big bumps with 12's:
Hi would u recommend 10mm spacers so theres no rubbing and what front splitter do you have looks really well