GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

wheel spacers

Turbo V

Ready to race!
Does one always have to thread new studs into the rotor to have wheel spacers for them to be safe? i.e. so that the lug nuts can grab enough stud. Is this hard to do? Thank you.

Turbo V

Ready to race!
You mean a stud conversion??

If so.....no, you can use spacers with the correct (longer) lug bolts without issues

No not conversion. Just to bring wheels out to the edge of fender for looks. I was reading a lot of people run spacers here but I also read online that it can be dangerous if studs are not long enough for lug nuts to grab with the spacers installed. Don't want any problems :). But I don't know how to pull out stock studs and thread new ones in. I mean I've never done anything like that before and I have a feeling its an all or none affair.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
My MK7 GTI does not use studs and nuts, but a bolt. I added an 8mm spacer on the rear and purchased longer bolts. When you look at the wheel and see the threads you are screwing the bolt into there are about seven threads. You want to make sure you use them all.

Post #19 by ECS of this thread http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6357&highlight=front+rear+offset provides a pdf "how to" check for and use proper thread length of bolt.

Turbo V

Ready to race!
My MK7 GTI does not use studs and nuts, but a bolt. I added an 8mm spacer on the rear and purchased longer bolts. When you look at the wheel and see the threads you are screwing the bolt into there are about seven threads. You want to make sure you use them all.

Post #19 by ECS of this thread http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6357&highlight=front+rear+offset provides a pdf "how to" check for and use proper thread length of bolt.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turbo V

Ready to race!
We also have stud conversion kits if you would like to go that route too.

Andy

This is awesome thank you for answering my post. I didn't see any flush conversion kits for the stock 19's that I will have. I am guessing I can just order two 10mm spacers for fronts and 15mm for rear but how long studs will I need? Thank you for your time.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
This is awesome thank you for answering my post. I didn't see any flush conversion kits for the stock 19's that I will have. I am guessing I can just order two 10mm spacers for fronts and 15mm for rear but how long studs will I need? Thank you for your time.

No problem! Sadly no flush kits out for the 19in wheels at this time. We have kits that can accommodate up to 20mm spacers - Here

Andy

Turbo V

Ready to race!
No problem! Sadly no flush kits out for the 19in wheels at this time. We have kits that can accommodate up to 20mm spacers - Here

Andy

Thank you again! I will definitely be doing business with your company in the future for being so helpful. Take care.

fasttallguy

Passed Driver's Ed

Andy

Hi Andy

do you have spacer kits now for the 2016 R. Want to get wheels flush and want to ensure hubcentric spacers. I was thinking 15 mm front 20 mm rear for flush look. Advice and opinion

s7wag

Ready to race!
I have VW OEM Santiagos 19"x7.5"xET51 fitted with 15/20 spacers (same as ECS Flush kit) BUT I think the R has 19"x8" but not sure of your ET. You'd need to work back from your width and ET to get right spacer size...shouldn't matter whether 18" or 19" wheels as same rolling diameter...then add the extended longer bolts to match. My OEM standard fit radius bolts (M14x1.5) were 27mm long so add your spacer size to that to get your new longer bolt length. You can go slightly longer in the bolt length but wouldn't recommend shorter. For example for 15mm spacers you'd go for (27+15) 42mm bolts or nearest...in fact you'd get 45mm bolts as I've not seen 42mm being sold...