GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel bearing at 8k miles

tomsyco

Passed Driver's Ed
Had a bad front passenger wheel bearing at 8k miles. Took me until 12k to complain. I thought it was my cont's singing in the highway, until I switched to winters and still had the noise. Dealership replaced it under warranty. Insult to injury, the day before my fob completely died. Not a bad battery, just dead. They replaced that too.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
My front right went bad at 34k, had a rotational humming between 65-70mph and sometimes resonated through the floorboard. Fixed under warranty.

Tsi7

Ready to race!
Had a bad front passenger wheel bearing at 8k miles. Took me until 12k to complain. I thought it was my cont's singing in the highway, until I switched to winters and still had the noise. Dealership replaced it under warranty. Insult to injury, the day before my fob completely died. Not a bad battery, just dead. They replaced that too.

There is always a bad batch of something somewhere that fails way too early, but it happens unfortunately and it's not just a VW thing... I had my left rear caliper fail at 37K

It's shitty that you happened to get that bad batch, but hopefully the new one serves you much longer than 8K :D