GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's the final word on the Dogbone mount

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Powerflex was the rage a few years back. I have the insert, I despise it. Is the full puck more forgiving? Any other newish options out there?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Full puck (VWR, soon unitronic) are probably even harsher. Compared to the powerflex hybrid anyway. Which insert do you have?

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I have the hybrid full lower half, shit definitely vibrates. I wish I would of tried the insert first. I was gonna make a video showing the slight vibrations you can feel from bottom of the driver seat to the door panels. In park and slowing down in D mode feels like it might shut down, in reverse is noticable also. I don't have an issue with the AC or driving normal in sport mode. Normal Highway driving you won't notice any Vibrations or harshness. It's only in Drive mode, when coming into a stop sign and RPMs drop to 1k also in Park it vibrates more then stock.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Yup
Screenshot_20221008-232939.jpg

IMG_20220914_211506.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
If you want an insert that's softer, get the powerflex diesel insert. It's 55 or 60A, softest on the market. Can't speak to the full lower puck hybrid, but the Roc Euro arm paired with the PF diesel insert is snappy and close to stock NVH wise with BFI stage 1 engine/trans.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Roc-euro is the magic here. I didn’t believe the hype.

I was running the BFI stage 1 mounts with powerflex diesel (red) insert. The vibrations I was not too crazy about but it was tolerable and didn’t think I could get any better. I bought the roc-euro stabilizer and installed the yellow powerflex insert at the same time. I was really impressed with how it almost brought the NVH back to stock levels. Magical is the correct word for this thing for sure as many have mentioned before.

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT
I know ECS isn't big around here, and while I haven't used other inserts, I have to say I love the ECS insert. I was very worried about damage to the OEM rubber over time, as well as too much NVH.. the ECS seemed like a nice simplistic take on the existing inserts out there.

Definitely tightened things up, only NVH I remember noticing initially was when I put the car into gear from a stop or going in reverse, but now its at a point where I couldn't tell you the difference and I think thats exactly what I was hoping for and the OEM mount still looks good.

Just my unwarranted two cents.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

I was running the BFI stage 1 mounts with powerflex diesel (red) insert. The vibrations I was not too crazy about but it was tolerable and didn’t think I could get any better. I bought the roc-euro stabilizer and installed the yellow powerflex insert at the same time. I was really impressed with how it almost brought the NVH back to stock levels. Magical is the correct word for this thing for sure as many have mentioned before.
They're sold out for the 6 spd :(

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT

I don't know if anyone has ever had any issues with this, but I'd personally be very cautious about hard mounting anything in the driveline without doing it with every other drivetrain bushing. Usually ends with something breaking that would have not otherwise.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
I don't know if anyone has ever had any issues with this, but I'd personally be very cautious about hard mounting anything in the driveline without doing it with every other drivetrain bushing. Usually ends with something breaking that would have not otherwise.

It’s not hard mounted. The lower subframe bushing is still flexible which is what the roc-euro arm attaches to.