GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's the best/worst thing you've bought off AliExpress for your car?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
That's weird. I got a few things using their credit card
Yeah I think I have my parameters leaning towards “keep me from buying car stuff from overseas”

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Anybody bought one of these sunglass holders and I assume the gray is the right color for the Alltrack interior. Carmilla Car Sunglasses Holder Eye Glasses Storage Box Case for Volkswagen VW SPORTSVAN 2014 2018 Golf 7 MK7 2013 2018|Glasses Case| - AliExpress

Any idea about the install?
I had one similar to this in my mk4 Jetta, the install wasn't too bad at all. Pretty much just popping the little 'hatches' on the mounts for the factory grab handle, then fitting the new one. I haven't done it in the mk7 yet, but I can't imagine it's too different. A cheap hook and pick set works well to (more gently) lift the little hatches, or a precision flathead screwdriver.

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
How’s the fitment on those black mirror caps?

Also it saddens me that no one makes blue tinted blind-spot DAP mirrors :(

The blue mirrors were one of my favorite changes I made to my Passat. I was so happy when I found someone finally started making one for the stubby passenger side view mirror.

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
How’s the figment on those black mirror caps?

Also it saddens me that no one makes blue tinted blind-spot DAP mirrors :(

The blue mirrors were one of my favorite changes I made to my Passat. I was so happy when I found someone finally started making one for the stubby passenger side view mirror.
The set I had fit like shit. It was impossible to get them the two top clips to click correctly. Instantly put my stock one on and it went in perfectly. Might just get the stock ones wrapped in gloss black.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Truth! I am awaiting a pile of stuff and I’ll report in after it arrives.

My current order:
  • Underseat drawer
  • Battery cover
  • Center console insert tray
Would love links to the drawer and the console tray if you have them!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Best thing: Blue tinted aspherical mirrors
Worst thing: Poor fitting cargo net

Still trying to justify $40 for the Skoda cargo net to upgrade to.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Did you lose any of the infotainment fucntions? Like the TPMS, or any other related ones? And, what year is your car?
No, All functions and sub menus remained.

You only loose the GTI text on the initial start up (it’s just a VW logo now) and when you are on the car data the icon is a Passat or Troc, it’s no longer able to view a golf. oh also you loose the drive blue screen or what ever that conservative driver screen is.

Klrider44

Go Kart Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
No, All functions and sub menus remained.

You only loose the GTI text on the initial start up (it’s just a VW logo now) and when you are on the car data the icon is a Passat or Troc, it’s no longer able to view a golf. oh also you loose the drive blue screen or what ever that conservative driver screen is.

Looks like you can't connect it to the USB plug in the center cubby.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Looks like you can't connect it to the USB plug in the center cubby.
Yeah that part sucks that you have to run the face mounted one, so I run that to the back of the cubby where my wireless CarPlay dongle is cause I hate having that cubby door open

BF38C392-4BE1-4723-BF9A-7E82DE7303EB.jpeg