GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's Next After IS38?

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Like the topic states.. What if anything is next that will give me a noticeable difference performance wise without going MFI or even bigger turbo? I'm guessing nothing, but thought I'd ask anyway.. See mod list..

Thanks!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Like @daconchslop said ethanol. Or just bigger turbo. Skip the MPI because of the cost and complexities and just get a hybrid turbo like the Vortex or TPC and learn to be happy with 450 HP or there about. It's when you go over that level complications set in.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Sadness and regret.

Just kidding. I don't actually regret anything.

To get any meaningful boost in power you'll feel, you need to either add some ethanol like others have said, or go up to a hybrid turbo.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks everyone.. I try to mix in some ethanol when I can find it. I'm running Uni's IS38 tune which is good for E20 I think.. Was mainly wondering about any additional bolt-on parts. The only thing I haven't done is charge pipes, but from what I read they don't really do a whole lot if anything..

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Outside of a downpipe or turbo, most bolt on parts give a very minimal performance gain.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
You're not going to gain at this point without fuelling system upgrades custom tunes and larger turbos.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
On the 1.8T your options for fueling are somewhat limited. I believe UM and Reflect are the only ones that currently offer the 2.0 HPFP and Flexfuel at this point for the IS38.
Sounds like Unitronic will offer a hardware/software solution for the Garrett.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
more tire, less weight

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion