GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's my 2018 GTI SE 6MT PP w/ 24K miles worth?

roundle1979

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE 6MT
Hey All,

Just realized that I've paid off my 2018 GTI SE 6MT that I purchased new October 2018. Car only has 24K miles.

The car has the Power Package and black leather interior (exterior is white).

Full service history -- oil has been changed every 5K miles. Car is in excellent condition and has never been modified.

Car has the 6YR/72K warranty.

What do you thin it's worth in current market? Thinking of buying a larger car.

Ghawk

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI, 2019 GLI
Multiple online resources for this. CarFax, Kelly Bluebook, and others.

tarheelbob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI S
1630360745707.png

Lots of them in the $26k - $30k range with low miles. CarGurus considers this a "Good Deal"

roundle1979

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE 6MT
Yeah, agree. Could probably go with just one car for a while.

Problem is that nobody is discounting new cars like they were in 2018...

tarheelbob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI S
Yep. As jimlloyd said, great time to sell. Used car prices now routinely exceeding the new car prices because there is just no (zero, zilch, nada) inventory. Demand is high, but no cars available. Every car OEM globally is shutting down plants left and right due to no chips to build cars. Peruse the Toyota site, for example. Even color choices are cut in half because there are no more of a certain color in the entire U.S. Period. You'll make good coin selling a used car right now. The catch is, if you need to buy a replacement, the pickings are slim-to-none, and it will be at full price. Nothing being discounted except maybe lot leftovers....

- Bob

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Yep. As jimlloyd said, great time to sell. Used car prices now routinely exceeding the new car prices because there is just no (zero, zilch, nada) inventory. Demand is high, but no cars available. Every car OEM globally is shutting down plants left and right due to no chips to build cars. Peruse the Toyota site, for example. Even color choices are cut in half because there are no more of a certain color in the entire U.S. Period. You'll make good coin selling a used car right now. The catch is, if you need to buy a replacement, the pickings are slim-to-none, and it will be at full price. Nothing being discounted except maybe lot leftovers....

- Bob
Not even lot leftovers are discounted.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion

- Bob
I've thought about reverting my 17 sport back to stock turbo and tune and selling it - and just wait on the supply chain problems to fully resolve, which could take 2 years and buy something better at that time - like maybe the Mk8 golf R or finally go EV. I've got other ways to get around when need be. I only HAVE to drive about 5k miles a year.

Seems like I could conceivably get just about what I paid for it 3 years ago. I'm not sure it's worth it for the extra however much it would net me vs the original plan of driving it until I'm bored / it goes to heaven. But yes, now is the time to look under the couch for that car you forgot about and sell it. Crazy clown times we live in.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
Yeah...like the housing market here....good time to sell...bad time to buy!! We had to pay almost full MSRP on my wife's new Mazda. They gave me $750, which basically waved their DOC fee, that was it. No other dealer would even do that. We also had to wait on her car to get here from PORT. So we bought it without seeing it first. It was like ordering from the factory and only taking two weeks to get here.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
kinda on topic. I was at good sized Toyota dealer in CT yesterday (picking up exhaust for my Taco) and saw maybe 40-45 cars.....normally I'd guess the level at 200+.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Yeah, agree. Could probably go with just one car for a while.

Problem is that nobody is discounting new cars like they were in 2018...

Sell your GTI to Carmax, Carvana, Zoom, whoever. Find your low mileage, larger car from a private seller and offer cash, as in green. That's the only way you'll beat this market. Lots of people trade larger sedans for SUV's, especially young families.