GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What would you make of this? 2018 GSW electrical gremlin.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
Its how the symptoms have been since it first started, sporadic. It'll be fine for a few, or many ignition cycles, then freak out again. It appears the culprit still needs to be diagnosed. I'm in line with gateway as well. We'll see this one through.

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Damn, that's shame. I mentioned earlier in this thread the issue I had with moisture getting into the connections behind the drivers side a-pillar and footwell area. Might be worth mentioning if you haven't already

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
water ingress is absolutely on the radar... just need to pinpoint the damn fault!

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
I decided to take a short drive today. Since the issue reintroduced itself this past Friday 1/22, it has not come back. All of the codes are still stored and not cleared from the ECU, but even the check engine light has turned back off. Car just drove perfectly fine today, zero issues. It has been a nasty couple of days of rain, freezing rain, and snow, and I purposely parked the car outside this week as we are moving and staging the move in the garage. So moisture didn't provoke the issue.

On Friday 1/22 it was pretty brutally cold... wondering if cold is bringing about a bad connection somewhere, who knows...

Thats about all i've got, and if you don't hear from me in this thread again the dealer diagnostic went poorly and I drove it off a cliff. Dropping it off Thursday afternoon as they will have a loaner available then. I will ask specifically about can gateway as well as an updated VCDS scan showing the time stamps and if its still showing the same initial code.

Please keep the wild theories coming, it's been entertaining and helpful.