Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I hate that the closest E station is 45 minutes away....FML

Eman1

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
370hp is pretty Low. You should be in the 450+ range with that setup on 93. Might want to make sure there arent any issues anywhere in the fuel system mechanically.

Last edited:

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
E48-E50ish is a pretty easy one to run also because at least using the fuel in my local area a 50/50 mix of pump fuel and pump ethanol fuel ends up with an ~E50 mix.

flashing my COBB between 91 octane and E48 tune takes 1 minute so I just keep ten 5 gallon cans of pump ethanol fuel in my garage which gets me ten gallons of high octane fuel and if I ever run out i just swap back to my sad face 91 octane map until I get more, it's honestly pretty easy to deal with.

the E48 tune is PROFOUNDLY better in every way than 91 octane though, it's so awesome you will love it

Robsvictims

Car(s)
GTI
On the vortex xl what kind of fueling upgrades are needed to run 93? I would imagine at least an hpfp, but am unsure. Then I suppose running e30 would require lpfp on top of that?

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
On the vortex xl what kind of fueling upgrades are needed to run 93? I would imagine at least an hpfp, but am unsure. Then I suppose running e30 would require lpfp on top of that?

I run XL on 93 and last virtual dyno before my tune was finalized was at 468 whp at 7120 rpm with 5.5* timing up top. Only need HPFP on top of the usual bolt ons but many suggest just getting LPFP and MPI.

Robsvictims

Car(s)
GTI
I am unable to use MPI yet on the 2019 as of now, so that’s not something I can do. If I made that kind of power on 93 I would be A ok lol. I’m really not looking for anything record setting just something to make the gti more livable as a performer. So if an hpfp can get me tuned on 93 it will be sufficient.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I am unable to use MPI yet on the 2019 as of now, so that’s not something I can do. If I made that kind of power on 93 I would be A ok lol. I’m really not looking for anything record setting just something to make the gti more livable as a performer.

I am happy with current power figures but looking to lose some weight to see where I can get her. If I am not satisfied a 5 bar and LPFP should be good to max on 93 and get me to 500 territory.

Robsvictims

Car(s)
GTI
I was honestly thinking on 93 with the hpfp it would net me 400whp or a little over. Nothing like these figures. So I think I’ll be good to roll with the hpfp alone for now lol.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I was honestly thinking on 93 with the hpfp it would net me 400whp or a little over. Nothing like these figures. So I think I’ll be good to roll with the hpfp alone for now lol.

20200421_104102.jpg

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
if only looking for 400-450whp not sure why not just go with the normal EQT instead of paying more for the XL which has more lag and is really only for those who might max out the normal EQT

Robsvictims

Car(s)
GTI
I originally thought the xl was only capable of low 400s on pump, and to find it is capable of more is awesome. So more for my money and Pleasantly surprised. The cost to upgrade to the XL wasn’t substantial, and I would rather have too much than not enough. I think adjusting to the later spool will be unique at first, but it won’t take long to settle in.

Klrider44

Go Kart Champion
We are in the same exact damm boat man my closest pump is 45 minutes away. I am definitely interested to see how you do on e30 Its a toss up right now between that and e48 I think.

on my 3rd revision of e30. Had 0 knock on the log that I did and it felt a lot stronger already. I was battling knock before with my trash East coast 93 so things are looking up at this point. I would really like to make around 460whp.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
on my 3rd revision of e30. Had 0 knock on the log that I did and it felt a lot stronger already. I was battling knock before with my trash East coast 93 so things are looking up at this point. I would really like to make around 460whp.

depends on the dyno as every one of them reads differently but on E30 i'd say 460whp on most dynos is a slam dunk with an EQT XL