What to use for interior on Mk7.5 Gti..

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Gauges.
One, do not touch.
Anything will scratch them.
Suggest polish them.
Then ceramic coat them.
Then dust only and limit touching and wiping.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
I've been using Mother's VLR (Vinyl Leather Rubber), and honestly it is fantastic, and I will definitely buy more when this runs out. It dries to a matte finish, and is completely non-greasy, non-slippery. It cleans protects and conditions - does all the things it needs to do.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
That was where I got the idea from. I love watching this guy he knows his stuff.

I've seen quite a few of his videos and I would say that is questionable lol. Some are good, some make me shake my head in disbelief. He owned his MK7.5 GTI for quite a while now and only recently figured out the traction control settings were limiting his take off speed. He is tuned so that seems a bit absurd to me. Even stock the traction control ruins launches.

uvasteven

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Okay so after looking through this thread I went out and looked at my black trim. It's a mess. You can see wet spots from where I've tried to clean it before and my gauges are both scratched and dust covered. My plan is to get the interior brush or a can of air cleaner and dust. Then try to wipe everything down gently with the Invisible Glass and a microfiber. Does this seem like the safest approach?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
your best option is the keyboard cleaner putty to get dust off because you wont be wiping dust off with a rag of any sort, just pulling it off with the putty. But really your best option is to use paint protection film over all trim then you can do whatever the hell you want

uvasteven

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I ended up using the brush linked earlier in this thread to dust everything. Then I did a light wipe down with invisible glass and a microfiber, it looks good now. I plan on not touching the black anymore and just using the duster. The gauges have some marks still, I may try and polish them and seal.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I ended up using the brush linked earlier in this thread to dust everything. Then I did a light wipe down with invisible glass and a microfiber, it looks good now. I plan on not touching the black anymore and just using the duster. The gauges have some marks still, I may try and polish them and seal.

Did Invis glass hide any of the scratches on the trim or gauges?