GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What to look for in coilovers

ILoveButter

Ready to race!
I've never purchased coilovers but now thinking of buying some. What I really dont want is rebranded mass produced chineseium, or companies that dont r&d to each car. What I mean is they use the same shock and valving on 8 different fwd cars because the customer really doesnt know better. I'd like them to be adjustable. I'm really looking into fortune auto/ Broadway static, the quality looks to be there, and they say they are hand built here in the states. That said what are key things to look for in a good quality coilover? I'm looking to try not to go over 1,500 bucks. Thanks peoples

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I've never purchased coilovers but now thinking of buying some. What I really dont want is rebranded mass produced chineseium, or companies that dont r&d to each car. What I mean is they use the same shock and valving on 8 different fwd cars because the customer really doesnt know better. I'd like them to be adjustable. I'm really looking into fortune auto/ Broadway static, the quality looks to be there, and they say they are hand built here in the states. That said what are key things to look for in a good quality coilover? I'm looking to try not to go over 1,500 bucks. Thanks peoples
The bigger question is what are you looking for?
Performance? (mild drop)
Wanna go LOW?

There's a bunch out there and I myself have been looking into a set without going nuts on the price. H&R, Bilstein, KW, NGP, HPA, and a few others all have offerings in your price range. But to really narrow it down you gotta answer the questions above.

ILoveButter

Ready to race!
The bigger question is what are you looking for?
Performance? (mild drop)
Wanna go LOW?

There's a bunch out there and I myself have been looking into a set without going nuts on the price. H&R, Bilstein, KW, NGP, HPA, and a few others all have offerings in your price range. But to really narrow it down you gotta answer the questions above.

I dont want to go high school kid low, I'd like to go just a bit lower than springs would be able to give me. Performance is key, a bigger rear bar would be in the works after I get the coilovers dialed in.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
I've very happy with my kw v1's. A bit on the expensive side, but they're high quality and full stainless (Canadian winters are a cunt). They're surprisingly comfortable and the night and day difference in handling is very noticeable when paired with a big rsb.