GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What to do with the Pretoria's? Sell/trade/keep? (PA)

wilsonj

Ready to race!
So I'm probably in the minority here but I am really not a fan of the Pretoria wheels for the 2017 Golf R. Now that I have my winter set up on, and the Pretoria's are sitting in the garage, I am trying to decide what to do with them. Do I try to sell them? What do they go for? Would I be better off just to keep them? On ECS a set of 4 is like $2,900 - I doubt I can get anything close to that. Am I better off to just keep them? Trade? I am pretty set on getting Fifteen52 Tarmac's w/ Michelin PS4S for my summer set up. I feel like it would be a waste to just have them sit there. Thoughts? Help? Should this be on another thread?

Thanks!

PS I live in PA if anyone wants to make my life easier and buy lol

radiohead1075

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Seems to be a pretty simple decision to me ... if you don't like them, then sell them and use the money to fund the wheels you like.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Perfect condition ones go for about 1600. I'm still trying to decide what to do with mine too... I love them, but think 18s are just for more practical for terrible Boston roads.

RennWerks

Go Kart Newbie
Mr. Wilson: Well, since you asked, I strongly recommend you keep your Pretoria alloys in anticipation of the day you will want to sell or trade your car. When that day arrives, unless your experience is vastly different from mine many times over, the person or entity considering the purchase of your car will ask if you have the OEM alloys. If you don't, you can anticipate having to replace them before your car will be taken in trade, or you will be offered an amount less the cost of their replacement.

Again, your experience (or that of others) may be different, but I wouldn't count on it.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Depends on how long are you planning to keep your car. If you are going to sell your car in a couple of years, you might be better off keeping them and sell the vehicle in stock condition. If you are planning to keep the vehicle longer, you might as well sell the Pretorias now.

If the wheels are in great condition, you might get somewhere around $1100 without tires. I sold a set of Pretorias last fall.

thenorway

19" Pretorias/ What to do

I am in the same predicament as the OP. What do you feel they are worth with OEM Pirelli's with very good mileage left. I purchased new wheels & tires and just hate to see them sitting around forever.

schwab0

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
VW
I have sold a spare set for $1250 shipped without tires this summer, they're starting to creep up to $1k territory. The set I have on my R I'll keep to trade, originally wanted a set of prets for the RS3 but they don't clear the calipers and I don't want to run spacers.

Noize1

Ready to race!
At least some of the 2018s will have those super freaking hideous new wheels. So I have to think that demand for Prets will continue to be pretty good. Even if I upgrade to some pretty cool wheels, I am going to keep my stock Pretorias, because I think they are wicked.