GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what the duck does this mean!

marky_boy1

Passed Driver's Ed
We keep getting a dash beep and a picture on dash (see pic below) according to manual its to do with emergency brake assist. But we get it when no cars in front. Not going fast or crawling. With cruise control on or off. Got no idea what it is. Any one help.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
According to the manual page 242 you can deactivate it using the control buttons mentioned.
I would try that first .
Then re activate it later to see if it works as its supposed to.
Perhaps if it appears again with nothing in front I trying braking a bit, if safe, to see if that clears it

mclovin247

This normally appears when a car breaks in front of you. You can change the distance with the control on the left side on the steering wheel, default does seem to be a long way away, I have it set to quite close, it only goes of when someone is pretty close.

marky_boy1

Passed Driver's Ed
The city breaking option the manual says to turn off isn't on my stereo. And the distance control is a diff picture. I can turn the front assist off but i use the distance control alot and works well
All the time.

Redjim

I've also been getting this warning, for no apparent reason...usually whilst cruising at around 50mph with no sudden braking and no car in front. Very annoying.

le0n1

Ready to race!
I got this warning when I enterd a icy corner. Does it suposed to register that to, or maybe its becouse of the diffrent texture and color of the road?

marky_boy1

Passed Driver's Ed
Glad its not just me then. I got it on a perfectly straight bit of road, no other traffic for miles road was dry. And once on a gentle curv in the rain. Both times between 30 to 40 mph.

It doesnt seem to relate to anything. But iwas wondering if it may have been front assist radar thingy saying it couldnt work due to being dirty or wet or something. But it seems fine to look at.

marky_boy1

Passed Driver's Ed
Been into vw this morning. And they had a look, its when it detects you are following too close. apparently the front radar is out of calibration and needs re setting. So booked in for the 19th. So fingers crossed.

Cannondale

This came up on mine to day when a van broke hard to turn left at the last minute, it also applied the brakes very hard. It shocks you at first but I supose it was quicker than me at braking so it was doing its job.

Richard...

marky_boy1

Passed Driver's Ed
This came up on mine to day when a van broke hard to turn left at the last minute, it also applied the brakes very hard. It shocks you at first but I supose it was quicker than me at braking so it was doing its job.

Richard...

Sounds like the system works and saved you a damaged car.