GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What "strip wash" shampoo" do you guys use?

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
I'm going to be garaged. Thats the problem with stuff in today's day. There is always a new and improved product so what you had was good but now there's something even better. Hard and expensive to keep up.

Just like everything else, buy what is good and cost effective now, and be happy with it. People absolutely LOVE Seal and Shine (you can find almost every YouTube detailing channel saying its praise for it), so if I were you, go that route. Just make sure you read how to properly apply it. Some people apply it while the car is still semi wet, as the product can streak if not properly applied (100% reversible though, just time consuming).

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Just like everything else, buy what is good and cost effective now, and be happy with it. People absolutely LOVE Seal and Shine (you can find almost every YouTube detailing channel saying its praise for it), so if I were you, go that route. Just make sure you read how to properly apply it. Some people apply it while the car is still semi wet, as the product can streak if not properly applied (100% reversible though, just time consuming).
I was an idiot a while back and I used Seal and Shine totally wrong. I used it as a wax-as-u dry type deal, and it streaked so bad. Then I read the instructions....

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
I was an idiot a while back and I used Seal and Shine totally wrong. I used it as a wax-as-u dry type deal, and it streaked so bad. Then I read the instructions....

That's honestly why I haven't tried it. Power Lock is just so easy to apply.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
That's honestly why I haven't tried it. Power Lock is just so easy to apply.
Needless to say I ordered a dedicated car blow dryer aka Air Force Blaster Sidekick so I can thoroughly dry the car prior to adding any protection. My Gti always leaks water randomly from various areas.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Needless to say I ordered a dedicated car blow dryer aka Air Force Blaster Sidekick so I can thoroughly dry the car prior to adding any protection. My Gti always leaks water randomly from various areas.

Keep in mind you wont replace a drying towel. Takes too long to dry a car completely with just an air blower. I use mine purely for nooks and crannies that the towel does not cover.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Yes of course I have a 16x24 waffle weave by The Rag Company.

Perfect, TRC is good stuff. To reply to your interior product question from the other thread, I'd HIGHLY recommend this. Great product and does not leave any nasty oily residue like some other products. I absolutely detest products that leave the interior shiny or slick, I like it to look like factory.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Perfect, TRC is good stuff. To reply to your interior product question from the other thread, I'd HIGHLY recommend this. Great product and does not leave any nasty oily residue like some other products. I absolutely detest products that leave the interior shiny or slick, I like it to look like factory.
Same here, I can't stand the "Armor All" look...

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
optimum power clean...