GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What springs do you like on a car with DCC?

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
I tried a search, but it returns a hit for every post by someone with DCC in their sigline...

I'm thinking of the H&R OE Sport springs. I don't want to go very aggressive on drop or stance, but a little low would be good. Significant drop springs or coilovers are out. I'm generally impressed with the DCC, so much so that my next bike will have an electronic suspension too.

I read somewhere on here that the Bilstein Damptronics only modulate rebound damping, while the DCC units control both rebound and compression damping, so on that basis I hadn't thought much of changing springs and shocks.

I'm curious whether the DCC mapping works well with a progressive rate spring? The OEM springs (I think) are single rate, as are the VWDG springs.

What springs have you used with OEM DCC shocks?

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Emanuel Design, what I'm currently on with stock DCC shocks and the rear spring pad. They're fine, I'm not going to use words like compliant, firm, badass, or whatever, as I'm not really sure what all that feels like. They ride fine, I can autocross in them, and go to the grocery store after, and then hard park in the parking lot. The fact is it's a lowered car, and you'd be naïve to think that any lowering spring is going to feel like an OEM spring at stock height. If I hit I big bump, I feel it. If it's even really big, I hear it, I feel it, and I drop a loud F bomb, but then life goes on and I'm happy because I drive what I drive.

I will be keeping the DCC setup, but swapping to the Bilstein B16 DCC coilover setup, as that should suit MY needs for what I'm hoping to get.

34-IMG_4004.jpg
47-IMG_4127.jpg

Last edited:

BIGTom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Emanuel Design, what I'm currently on with stock DCC shocks and the rear spring pad. They're fine, I'm not going to use words like compliant, firm, badass, or whatever, as I'm not really sure what all that feels like. They ride fine, I can autocross in them, and go to the grocery store after, and then hard park in the parking lot. The fact is it's a lowered car, and you'd be naïve to think that any lowering spring is going to feel like an OEM spring at stock height. If I hit I big bump, I feel it. If it's even really big, I hear it, I feel it, and I drop a loud F bomb, but then life goes on and I'm happy because I drive what I drive.

I will be keeping the DCC setup, but swapping to the Bilstein B16 DCC coilover setup, as that should suit MY needs for what I'm hoping to get.

View attachment 231234View attachment 231237
Looks great!

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Eibach Pro Kit

Attachments

• B16ECAB7-27A5-4A13-8D1C-93B0F04D8364.jpeg
    B16ECAB7-27A5-4A13-8D1C-93B0F04D8364.jpeg
    1,006.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 66669707-1969-4000-AD1B-12E8FCBEBC23.jpeg
    66669707-1969-4000-AD1B-12E8FCBEBC23.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 139
  • FFBF74A0-8DB4-4C66-838F-54EF6074C2BD.jpeg
    FFBF74A0-8DB4-4C66-838F-54EF6074C2BD.jpeg
    987.2 KB · Views: 122

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
EMD springs on my S3. It certainly doesn’t ride any worse than stock. I liked them enough that I put them on my wife’s gti but hers doesn’t have DCC.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG

I really like this look. What wheel/tire setup is this? That tire looks nice and meaty instead of a rubber band. 10/10

Reactions: krs

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI

Most honest review ever haha. Spot on