GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What oil do you run?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3

I feel very guilty bumping an oil thread.....

But has anyone ran this Euro L oil? Was bored and looking at oil again the other day. Been running a 502 oil, started looking at 504 oils but damn they are expensive. My local walmart just started carrying Euro L. Dexos2 spec, but no 504. But it's $22 for 5 quart....seems like it may be very similar to a 504 oil for a great price. @Audi Junkie

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Why/how does this oil affect warranty?

Some people are saying that VW will not honor the warranty if you don't use the specified oil weight and grade. There's supposedly a dye in the oil that VW can see but others have said in used oil the dye doesn't show up.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
If your engine has an issue, they can ask for service records including oil used etc. Why I'm not changing myself.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
If your engine has an issue, they can ask for service records including oil used etc. Why I'm not changing myself.
Just keep a folder of receipts and mark the dates you did the oil changes on. I've never heard anyone denied warranty because they didn't have service records of oil changes.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I'm trying to figure out what base is used in TOP TEC 6200 0W-20 by liqui moly. cant figure out if its a group 3, or hybrid 3 and 4 etc

Any takers?

chitownfan

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 audi s3
This is from Apr and what I use if you are really hard on your car also if you have upgraded turbo or and E85 tune
Bearings – The factory bearings aren’t very wide. If using a cheap oil, and long oil changes, the oil will sheer and the bearings will wear. We suggest using coated bearings, and running an ester based engine oil for maximum protection and our favorite has been Motul 300V 10w40. I just simply can’t stress enough how important oil changes are. If you drive hard, expect the oil to break down faster. If you track the car, you should start on a fresh oil change and change it after your track day. Be wise and take care of the engine and it will last far longer!

JonnyTSI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys. I run motul 5-40 x-cess gen2 on a GTI 2019 stagw 2 revo WITH gpf
Do u think is correct type of oil? Thx

neoupa2002

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf Wagon
Bringing it back on topic...

VW504 spec Mobil 1 ESP 5W30. 10k km interval, year round.

19birel

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
I'm running Liqui Moly Synthoil 0w-40. I like running 0W because it flows well when cold and to my knowledge performs just as well at high temps (correct me if I'm wrong).

I have run this oil in my EA888.2 that's in my B8.5 A4 for the last 60k+ miles using a 5k interval and it doesn't burn oil like most B8s with almost 120k on the clock so it felt like the right move with the GTI.

That said, as my GTI is seeing track time that the A4 does not, and will be getting an upgraded turbo in the near future, I think I'll look into switching oil, at least for summer when I won't benefit from running 0W.

19birel

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
I thought the go-to was Liqui Moly Leichtlauf 5W-40? That's what I'm running...
The Leichtlauf is pretty good, my dad actually puts that in most of his stuff.

I run the 0W-40 instead because it has the same viscosity as 5w-40 when hot, but flows better when cold reducing some of that initial wear when starting the engine in a cold climate. You can't go wrong with the Leichtlauf though, just based on what I researched I thought the 0W-40 Synthoil was better suited for my use case