GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What oil do you run?

skian

Ready to race!
LiquiMoly 5w40 leichtlauf. The oil general stays about 8 degrees F cooler than castrol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Nowadays Shell Helix Ultra 5W-30 Longlife ECT, VW 504.00.

For many years I have used Castrol EDGE 5W-30 FST VW 504.00 for our famly's VAG cars (VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda).

Can't say I noticed any difference between Shell and Castrol so far. Shell is a bit cheaper in SE :). Both are Longlife III oils but I never use them for long..

/Peter

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Cool. I emailed Motul and posted on another thread that they recommend the 8100 x-cess for our cars. I am looking into the penzoil platinum euro but leaning towards Motul x-cess due to the higher TBN and flashpoint.
That's what I use in my car. Had the first oil change done at around 800 miles and am on my third servicing with Motul now at about 13000 miles.

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
That's what I use in my car. Had the first oil change done at around 800 miles and am on my third servicing with Motul now at about 13000 miles.

Since you cars (NA) have only direct injection, wouldn't it be better to use low sulfur oils? I use the 8100x-clean+ for all my car's life and at 63000km I'm pretty satisfied with it. My car is Euro-spec though.