GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What oil do you run?

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Yeah track days: never run 0w20. Might as well use water. It’s so light. Won’t leave any protective coating. Honestly the only reason I see companies using 0w20 is for gas efficiency. Back in my younger days, 0w20 wasn’t even a thing. Didn’t even exist.
He actually researched well beforehand. Temp goes up significantly with higher weights which mitigates the extra film strength. Apparently not as much as he expected. It's odd because it's a car made for this use and his issue is not uncommon. Who knows? Maybe it was high sustained G related oil starvation.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
More importantly, can you make a video about if we can use Mobil 1 as vegetable cooking oil?

That's silly.. Mobil 1 would be synthetic cooking oil, not vegetable cooking oil.

Well.. there goes that idea.. The more you know... or some shit like that.
1-3-2020 3-49-18 PM.jpg

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
race oil + oil cooler > low temps + unprotected engine
Had a cooler. I found a chart and it looked like a 30w was the best compromise so ya, I would have also gone heavier but if it was starvation, wouldn’t have mattered.

Navi

Autocross Champion
That's silly.. Mobil 1 would be synthetic cooking oil, not vegetable cooking oil.

Well.. there goes that idea.. The more you know... or some shit like that.
View attachment 162360

are you sure it's not just cooking oil with soy sauce in it?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
lol not cause your asian. Bc Mobil 1 has a darker tint than veggie oil. Aka soy sauce additive package.

Are you rolling tomorrow?

Yup. Bringing a crave case. Be prepared. I'll also be bringing soy sauce. Cuz I carry that in my car.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
SOPUS also has a new T6 Rotella Multi-vehicle CK-4/SN 5W-30 with low P for gas and diesel apps. Looks good and did very well on MB 228.51.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Rotella GT 5w-30 looks great on paper. At 12cSt, it's as thick as Euro 30 weights, and it has the newest additive pack for LSPI. High moly, Boron and Magnesium. Only $18. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Shell-Rotella-Gas-Truck-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5W-30-5-Quart/888806064

I got a ton of it freebate, so I'll get a UOA eventually. View attachment 177930
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p..._content=401279&c3ch=Affiliate&c3nid=IR-10451

$10/5qt, no MIR or coupon codes necessary.