GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What mounts, inserts, bushings, etc are left for me to do?

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
2019 Golf R.

I'm running BFI engine and tranny mounts, Hybrid Flex dogbone w/APR pendulum arm, HR 25mm RSB, Strut tower brace, tunnel brace, rear hatch brace.

I have a front subframe brace (Racingline) and rear subframe inserts (ECS poly) on the way.

What other braces, inserts, replacements, bushings, etc are left for me to consider/look into?

NOTE: I do not want to do anything that would involve or need a realignment done. That's my only caveat.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
The most significant bushings to do are the front LCA and rear trailing arm bushings. If you have a DSG car, you'll need to lower the subframe for the LCA and that's a good time to change out the front sway and do front subframe inserts. I grabbed an aluminum subframe out of a wrecked A3 when I did all that. Half the price of the racingline brace and without a doubt more effective.

Most of the bracing isn't really noticeable. The only one that I felt a difference with was the rear hatch brace. I'd rather spend $100 on an alignment than $300 on bracing that just adds weight, but that's me.

After that, most of the suspension bushings are worthwhile IMO. Camber/toe arms, rear lower wishbone/spindle. Avoid the ECS/034 shock/strut mounts, they're all trash. Don't do spherical bearings if it's just a street car.

If you don't want to do an alignment, I would leave it as-is. But the front subframe inserts, front LCA and RTABs are going to have the highest return on effort for you at this point.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
What’s your hang up on the alignment? Would be a good time to get a better suited alignment setup, toe, etc after doing so.