Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
So it has the golf r head and cams too?

that’s where my confusion lies. Is it an actual golf r motor. Or is it a gti motor with an is38. Or is it it’s own motor all together.
Well it is a high output EA888 Gen 3 just a D series with GPF filter.

Same internal specc engines with IS38 has been in all of these.

Audi S3, TTS
Seat Leon Cupra 265-300, Cupra R, Cupra 300 ST 4 drive, Cupra Ateca, Cupra Formentor
Skoda Superb
VW Passsat, Golf R, GTI Clubsport and Clubsport S, GTI TCR, T-roc R

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Well it is a high output EA888 Gen 3 just a D series with GPF filter.

Same internal specc engines with IS38 has been in all of these.

Audi S3, TTS
Seat Leon Cupra, Cupra ST and 4 drive, Cupra Ateca, Cupra Formentor
Skoda Superb
VW Passsat, Golf R, GTI Clubsport and Clubsport S, GTI TCR, T-roc R
Thanks for the info! So yeah it’s an R engine then.

amazing that the gti can take an is38 just fine

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Thanks for the info! So yeah it’s an R engine then.

amazing that the gti can take an is38 just fine
The Leon Cupra is the fastest IS38 car from a roll with short gearing and lightweight, does high 7sec 100-200kmh stock turbo and good pumpgas.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
The Leon Cupra is the fastest IS38 car from a roll with short gearing and lightweight, does high 7sec 100-200kmh stock turbo and good pumpgas.
Impressive! I personally want to swap in a is38 and stay at my current power level (280whp 320wtq). I just want a bit more lag.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Impressive! I personally want to swap in a is38 and stay at my current power level (280whp 320wtq). I just want a bit more lag.

I don't know what your other mods are but even a stage 1 tune with the IS38 is going to put you above those numbers. And the lag is only around 400 RPM 's higher.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I don't know what your other mods are but even a stage 1 tune with the IS38 is going to put you above those numbers. And the lag is only around 400 RPM 's higher.
I’d have to get her custom tuned via accessport. That much I know. And yeah, it’s about 500rpm’s worth. Is20 spools too fast for a fwd car man. I personally don’t like that.

currently I have intake and apr stage 1 and apr dsg tune. I dyno’d 205 stock and 280 after the flash. My elevation sucks for boost, Denver Colorado

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Elevation sucks, but so does heat.. I am in Texas and with Stage 2 Unitronic/FBO on stock IS20 (including upgraded intercooler and pipes) I made 333/379 on a 98 degree day. Granted I had a touch of Octane booster in the tank.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Elevation sucks, but so does heat.. I am in Texas and with Stage 2 Unitronic/FBO on stock IS20 (including upgraded intercooler and pipes) I made 333/379 on a 98 degree day. Granted I had a touch of Octane booster in the tank.
Nice! My turbo has to spool to 25psi so I could see 22psi on my wrx :/

elevation isn’t very kind to us

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I’d have to get her custom tuned via accessport. That much I know. And yeah, it’s about 500rpm’s worth. Is20 spools too fast for a fwd car man. I personally don’t like that.

currently I have intake and apr stage 1 and apr dsg tune. I dyno’d 205 stock and 280 after the flash. My elevation sucks for boost, Denver Colorado
you know you could just get custom tuning with your existing set up and they can just request the PUT pressure to be lower in the rpm range you don’t want to feel the boost kick in...seems odd to do a swap to a larger turbo when you are good with such low power already.