geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I sure wish I could get some of those haptic buttons!

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
Heated steering wheel is nice.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Wonder what it would take to get a Mk8 seat fully swapped into a Mk7. Having finally been able to experience seat cooling, that's a feature I'd very much love to have lol.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Wonder what it would take to get a Mk8 seat fully swapped into a Mk7. Having finally been able to experience seat cooling, that's a feature I'd very much love to have lol.

I wonder how good the the seat ventilation/cooling actually is. I've driven both an A4 Prestige and GLI Autobahn with cooled/ventilated seats, and the Audi one was far superior than the VW one.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
I wonder how good the the seat ventilation/cooling actually is. I've driven both an A4 Prestige and GLI Autobahn with cooled/ventilated seats, and the Audi one was far superior than the VW one.
Yeah they definitely aren't all created equal. The two that I felt (2011 Avalon / 2016 IS200T), the former only really came up from the seat cushion while the latter also blew from the backrest. That's pretty important for me in particular since I definitely get some of that sweaty back syndrome on longer drives.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Facelift BCM to start with, I haven't seen the ventilated seat adaptations on any pre-facelift scans. After that some wiring between BCM > Seat and Fuse box > Seat (I'm assuming you want the MK8 power adjustment functions to work as well, in addition to the ventilation). Connectors are probably different so wiring diagrams for both cars.

You could pick which plugs you want to keep. My preference is always to change the plugs on the part that doesn't "belong" to the car. That way you can always go back to stock.

I sure wish I could get some of those haptic buttons!
Heated steering wheel is nice.
With the help of @Nuje both you guys are covered. His heated steering wheel diy here. And I've got the heat and the buttons. You need a 3Q0 "facelift" gateway at software AC or higher.
PXL_20220428_135442746.jpgPXL_20220429_001130840.MP.jpgPXL_20220503_132906438.jpg
Even threw in some pACC action (blurry pic b/c driving, but cruise control slowing down for upcoming curve) for you guys, and of course a CEL 😆.

Last edited: