GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is your opinion about wagons?

What is your opinion about wagons (not just VW, but in general)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
I'm a bit biased as both my wife and I have 4 motion 2019 Sportwagens, DSG for her, manual for me. That said, they tick every box for us, with even just a lowly stage one tune they're plenty quick, and with some work can handle incredibly well.

Mine is the red one, Bilstein B16's, 034 camber mounts, Superpro control arms, APR / GTI powerpack brakes, GTI seats etc etc..

My wife's is the blue one which has Golf R wagon springs, Eurosport camber pucks and some other little bits.

IMG_0351.JPG

2F2F91AD-E99B-4409-B039-68FFD09C0D09 (1).jpeg

Ohidub_99.5

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Alltrack
Man @Ohidub_99.5 makes me want to get another wagon. I have a mk4 wagon for autocross, and was very close to getting one rather than my GTI. The main thing that drew me to the GTI over the wagon was a decades-long itch I just had to scratch, I've never owned a GTI (though many Golfs).

The wagon mk7s are gorgeous, and I really may get one in the future, for now though three cars to myself is... Nah, I'll always want more cars, I just can't afford another one yet.
@Nineeightyone , I appreciate it 🍻 … I’ve always been a wagon/hatchback guy… used to have a Quantum Syncro wagon back in the day.. so the Alltrack was a natural step in the modern direction for me…. I was daily driving mk2’s (90’ golf and a 90’ Jetta coupe)… life changes necessitated a larger car, but I didn’t want a SUV (wife has a 2018 Tiguan)…. The last of the manual-trans, wagons was a huge draw for me, so I had to jump on one.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
Not going to lie this has been a constant consideration if I ever pop the 1.8. What a (pipe) dream it would to 2.5rs IROZ swap my GSW.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Not going to lie this has been a constant consideration if I ever pop the 1.8. What a (pipe) dream it would to 2.5rs IROZ swap my GSW.
It would be pretty cool but at that point I'll just buy an RS3.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Yeah, there is that. It's a cool car, but the hatch is so much cooler, shame we'll never get it.
100% - not a sedan guy....I'd get the MK8 R.

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
I don't have a wagon but I would have picked a long roof over my short roof, especially since VW got rid of the 2 door.

I want 2 door or a long 4 door, but GTI > other options for me.