GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is your opinion about wagons?

What is your opinion about wagons (not just VW, but in general)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I am a big fan of wagons. One I had years ago:

Ended up crashing it, got a Crosstrek that I hated and had to go back to the wagon life.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I'm always going to have a soft spot for wagons. If there are two models with the same engines and one is a wagon...I'll 100% always take the wagon. I had a B5 S4 wagon and still have a Mk6 wagon. The reason I went with the GTI over the Golf wagon is because of the engine and interior. I got to drive a wagon with a tune and I wasn't really impressed with the power. The stock 2.0 in the GTI feels better than a 1.8 with a tune. The interior of the GTI also way better. If the GW was available with even just the 2.0...I would have got the GW. If the Golf R wagon is available in the states...it would have been a no brainer for me.

My S4 wagon.

View attachment 205220
Beautiful S4. My buddy has a built 2.7 that makes 640AWHP. Scariest car I’ve ever been in.

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
I don't have any problems with wagons if one needs one and I would consider them better than a SUV. I don't need a wagon or a SUV so I really don't care. Probably drivers of wagons are more attentive than those driving SUVs, in my opinion.

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
If I'm going to drive a compact car I'd prefer it to be a wagon. That extra space is nice and the fat rear end just looks so good. Came from a mazda 3 hatchback and my requirements for my next car was an automatic, hatchback, and AWD. I had to compromise on the hatch because I got a really good deal on my current car, but I'm already looking to go back to the wagon life when the new R comes out.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
this came over the wall from Zaino's photo Friday. Gotta love cared

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210304-202337.png
    Screenshot_20210304-202337.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 67

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
You know I'm a wagon fan Sean! I'm still kind of surprised you went with a GTI instead of a GSW when you sold your FXT. Here's a shot of mine from my Deal's Gap trip last October.
Oh hell yes I know where you stand. The MK7 was just so right IMO, and I had always loved GTIs (and GLIs) since the late '80s, that I had to pull the trigger on it. I had been soooo close a few times in the past. I almost bought a beater '84 GTI for $800 back in 1999 (no ragrets...:cry:) and I tried to buy an immaculate '88 GLI w/ the Recaros in `96 but had exactly $17.50 to put towards it at the time. I am currently trying to convince the wifey that a wagon would be better than a new SUV to replace our aging Pilot. I am losing, but trying. Thankfully she said we could add a Miata to the fleet for a daily runabout. Glad our wives like to row through the gears!

Mk7tsi3door

Go Kart Newbie
Wagons look cool with the right setup, a lot of people use they for utility so they have small wheels etc but some look good! If I wrecked my car right now, I would buy a slightly used mk7 4 motion sportwagon, because it still has the 1.8 for MPG and you can get the dsg in it as well. With a tune it would be perfect.

Also the new taycan is in a wagon and it looks fucking sickkk

Attachments

• C6A46135-618B-4726-9604-5B20249B62B9.jpeg
    C6A46135-618B-4726-9604-5B20249B62B9.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

codypka

Go Kart Champion
I love wagons, but to this point have never owned one. I do know for a fact if I reach a point in my life that I am forced to get a bigger car for hauling kids and whatnot, it'll be a wagon and not an SUV

Side note, and possibly a dumb question, do the GSW and AT have more rear passenger room than a Golf or GTI? Or are the passenger dimensions the same?

Last edited:

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I love wagons, but to this point have never owned one. I do know for a fact if I reach a point in my life that I am forced to get a bigger car for hauling kids and whatnot, it'll be a wagon and not an SUV

Side not, and possibly a dumb question, do the GSW and AT have more rear passenger room than a Golf or GTI? Or are the passenger dimensions the same?

Rear leg room is the same. The extra wheelbase contributes to the increased boot size.