GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is your opinion about wagons?

What is your opinion about wagons (not just VW, but in general)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tigeo

Autocross Champion
My main beef with the Atlas is the powertrain options. Does anyone know if VW plans to throw a 3.0T in the Atlas? If they release a 3.0T for the Atlas, I’d buy it real quick. I’m less of a small performance car guy these days, I value overall function and design more.
The 3.6 is more than adequate for what it is - a large family hauler. If you want zoom, the 2.0 with APR's tune.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
The 3.6 is more than adequate for what it is - a large family hauler. If you want zoom, the 2.0 with APR's tune.
2.0 doesn't come with awd and to get it in the top spec trim it needs to be special ordered. Even then it can't be as well equipped as the v6.... They really crippled that vehicle in some ways. I really wanted to like it with second row captain's chairs and the simplistic interior, but it ended up feeling rather cheap while being expensive. Our test model was 56k, and for that money there are a lot of luxo barges to be had.

SVO

1614875303194.png

If only they sold it in N.A. with MT. Big fat Americans LOVE huge vehicles tho. Have to hold on to my MK7 I guess. MK8 R may get me to upgrade- but it still won't fit my mountain bike in the back.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
We get all the estates here in the UK..in fact up here in the wilds of Scotland I have seen in the past few years a trend back to more estates & away from the big (for us) SUV's.....might have something to do with higher road tax & fuel costs as the SUV's are basically bricks compared to a good estate car.....Plus we get quite a few AWD options inc. S & RS from Audi...let alone the ranges from all the other brands that you don't get..

Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
We get all the estates here in the UK..in fact Up here in the wilds of Scotland I have in the past few years a trend back to more estates & away from the big (for us) SUV's.....might have something to do with higher road tax & fuel costs as the SUV's are basically bricks compared to a good estate car.....Plus we get quite a few AWD options inc. S & RS from Audi...let alone the ranges from all the other brands that you don't get..
You can stop rubbing it in. In Canada we get double fucked; and not in the way that most people like to get double fucked; cause we don't even have the options that the guys in the states do.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI

I mean the 2.0 with APR’s tune is only marginally more powerful than the 3.6 stock, just more torque down low and less horsepower after 5500. So not really any different. I’m talking a 300HP/330TQ stock 3.0T that is capable of 25+ mpg highway. That’s what I want to see before I buy an Atlas

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I mean the 2.0 with APR’s tune is only marginally more powerful than the 3.6 stock, just more torque down low and less horsepower after 5500. So not really any different. I’m talking a 300HP/330TQ stock 3.0T that is capable of 25+ mpg highway. That’s what I want to see before I buy an Atlas
Of course but why would VAG sell you the VW/pedestrian line with the same motor? If you want that, Audi-money time. I drive ours all the time and never think it needs more power for what it is. We all want more power though I get it.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Of course but why would VAG sell you the VW/pedestrian line with the same motor? If you want that, Audi-money time. I drive ours all the time and never think it needs more power for what it is. We all want more power though I get it.
Bc I don’t have Audi money lol. If the Atlas’s engine was an EA888 I’d be totally cool with that + an IS20 or IS38. But it’s an EA113, which is really strange to me.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Bc I don’t have Audi money lol. If the Atlas’s engine was an EA888 I’d be totally cool with that + an IS20 or IS38. But it’s an EA113, which is really strange to me.
HAHAHAHAHAH - neither do I but folks are always on an don about this with the Atlas - look, it is what it is and that 3.6 sounds great and pulls fine on the lower end. With a full load/5 people at 70 passing, yes, it's not great. The Atlas engine is the EA888 with the IS20, essentially the GTI engine with a little more power actually. You are thinking of the Tiguan with the B-cycle 2.0. You should definately be able to tune/IS38 the Atlas, APR just needs a donor and a desire/market. I did a 0-60 pull with my Dragy with our Atlas, upper-7s full weight/87.
Capture.JPG

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
They are the most superior of all body styles. I have 2. '18 Golf Sportwagen 4Motion with all the torques. '03 Passat W8 with all the Chewbaccas. When I drive them I dream of Antonio Vivaldi and Grey Poupon and look at all other car driving peasants with my nose up.

View attachment 205163View attachment 205164

damn man, you’re killing it. Impressive lineup

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
So my boss and i were chatting about this recently... He was looking for a car for his college kid and saw that the Q7 with the 2.0t can easily be had in the low to mid 30s. He was looking at one with 25k miles on it, 2017, premium plus with virtual cockpit, warm package, cold package, and a few other smaller tidbits for 35k. The 3.0t carry a slight 3-5k premium over the 2.0t, but the 2.0 in the audi feels and drives significantly better than the atlas with the 2.0. I'm guessing throttle mapping and gearing are playing a big role here...

35k is atlas territory for sure though...

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4mo 6MT
I'm just going to use this thread to find all the other wagon people on here.

Maybe this will be the resurrection of the wagon section idea that never took off.
View attachment 205173
I like that idea. Wagons unite!
Clean sportwagen btw. Wish mine was DBP.

I posted these pictures in another thread but they can live here too.

My new-to-me 2018 White Silver 6MT sportwagen 4motion w/ is38 and supporting mods.
IMG_6089.jpg

IMG_6023.JPG

IMG_6022.JPG

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I like that idea. Wagons unite!
Clean sportwagen btw. Wish mine was DBP.

I posted these pictures in another thread but they can live here too.

My new-to-me 2018 White Silver 6MT sportwagen 4motion w/ is38 and supporting mods.
View attachment 205186
View attachment 205187
View attachment 205188
UGHHHH that looks so good man. so clean, so fresh. I wish the Alltrack had been offered in White Silver. When I got my GFG, it was between a 19 6MT GFG SE w/ Driver Assistance + Appearance Packages and black interior (18" Canyons + LED Lighting Package), and a Pure White 19 6MT SEL w/ upgraded Marrakesh interior. The green was my number one requirement, so I chose green. But honestly, if the Pure White had been White Silver I would have gone that route. Pure White is just too boring to me.