GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is missing from the Exhaust market for your car you wish somebody made?

kDizz781

Ready to race!
I'm still here hoping for an axle-back that isn't priced like a Remus... ?‍♂️

YES!

Give me something like this that isn't $529, that is insane. My clubsport S muffler, imported from Germany, was almost $200 less.

I would buy an axel back muffler delete, like this, for when I want something more aggressive. Quick easy swap I can do in 10 minutes in my garage.

axel back.jpg

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
YES!

Give me something like this that isn't $529, that is insane. My clubsport S muffler, imported from Germany, was almost $200 less.

I would buy an axel back muffler delete, like this, for when I want something more aggressive. Quick easy swap I can do in 10 minutes in my garage.

View attachment 168836
Anyone running anything like this in here? I hve a dp, res delete, if i were to add this is straight pipe sound, thinking maybe it needs a resonator too

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Anyone running anything like this in here? I hve a dp, res delete, if i were to add this is straight pipe sound, thinking maybe it needs a resonator too

I have a catless DP and a no muffler exhaust and I had to add the Vibrant resonator in the exhaust to eliminate drone.

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Hey everyone! My name is Alex with MAPerformance. You may have talked to me on the phone when you're buying parts or maybe someone transferred you to me when you told them you own a Euro car
😁
I've been in the VW community for a long time now, my highschool job was even at a Volkswagen dealer!

Today though I drive to work in my turbo S52 BMW E36. I come to work because I get to share my experience and knowledge with like minded people who share the same interests. It can be tough in this industry and I do my best to make that experience different when we all know at the end of the day we're just trying to have fun with our cars! But today is the day I come to work and get to introduce our MAPerformance cat back exhaust for the MK7 GTI platform!
We've got the best fabricators and design engineers out there at MAP. Which is why I think our products stand out. We get to take your feedback and run with it. Use all of our combined skills to design, create, test and market the best possible parts for your car.

With all of that said about who I am though, MAP has been in business for over 15+ years and are no strangers to developing great sounding, high performance exhaust systems so when we got all the feedback from the community to develop a solution for your guys favorite car, we did just that!
Our goal at MAPeformance is to help you go faster! So we limit restrictions with full 3" mandrel bent tubing to reduce exhaust turbulence and increase flow. A great pairing with our MAPerformance downpipe to create the least restrictive exhaust system on the market!

With performance tuning, the sound follows! Finding a balance of that took attention to detail in design to create an aggressive yet throaty tone that anyone will find unique to other exhausts on the market.

Other long term design keys is the fact we use a superior 304 stainless steel material that holds up to the elements and offers the best performance and sound qualities you expect! With our options and exhaust tip choices it is also the most customizable while being easy to install!
(Tip choices include: Carbon fiber, Polished and Burnt Blue)

Last but not least, what is going to show up to your doorstep and at what cost? After we perform quality control inspections on every TIG weld and find they meet the standard, we toss in 2 3" Vband clamps, 2 exhaust tips of your choice with appropriate hardware and either a slip clamp for the OEM downpipe or another 3" Vband clamp to pair it with the MAP downpipe. With a lifetime warranty the prices range from only $949.99 to $969.99!
Contact myself directly at extension 0066 or with my email amouser@maperformance. Or even any one of our sales team members for immediate availability and get your new exhaust today!

DSC09556.jpgDSC09558.jpgDSC09563.jpgDSC09564.jpgDSC09571.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I had completely forgotten about this thread.

Interesting... So if I'm understanding it properly, there is an option of this to connect right to the lower V-Band of the MAP downpipe, eliminating that straight/resonated piece that normally goes in-between the upper part of the downpipe and the regular catback?

Is looks like your system is 4 pieces, excluding the tips?

Last edited:

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Hey everyone! My name is Alex with MAPerformance. You may have talked to me on the phone when you're buying parts or maybe someone transferred you to me when you told them you own a Euro car
😁
I've been in the VW community for a long time now, my highschool job was even at a Volkswagen dealer!

Today though I drive to work in my turbo S52 BMW E36. I come to work because I get to share my experience and knowledge with like minded people who share the same interests. It can be tough in this industry and I do my best to make that experience different when we all know at the end of the day we're just trying to have fun with our cars! But today is the day I come to work and get to introduce our MAPerformance cat back exhaust for the MK7 GTI platform!
We've got the best fabricators and design engineers out there at MAP. Which is why I think our products stand out. We get to take your feedback and run with it. Use all of our combined skills to design, create, test and market the best possible parts for your car.

With all of that said about who I am though, MAP has been in business for over 15+ years and are no strangers to developing great sounding, high performance exhaust systems so when we got all the feedback from the community to develop a solution for your guys favorite car, we did just that!
Our goal at MAPeformance is to help you go faster! So we limit restrictions with full 3" mandrel bent tubing to reduce exhaust turbulence and increase flow. A great pairing with our MAPerformance downpipe to create the least restrictive exhaust system on the market!

With performance tuning, the sound follows! Finding a balance of that took attention to detail in design to create an aggressive yet throaty tone that anyone will find unique to other exhausts on the market.

Other long term design keys is the fact we use a superior 304 stainless steel material that holds up to the elements and offers the best performance and sound qualities you expect! With our options and exhaust tip choices it is also the most customizable while being easy to install!
(Tip choices include: Carbon fiber, Polished and Burnt Blue)

Last but not least, what is going to show up to your doorstep and at what cost? After we perform quality control inspections on every TIG weld and find they meet the standard, we toss in 2 3" Vband clamps, 2 exhaust tips of your choice with appropriate hardware and either a slip clamp for the OEM downpipe or another 3" Vband clamp to pair it with the MAP downpipe. With a lifetime warranty the prices range from only $949.99 to $969.99!
Contact myself directly at extension 0066 or with my email amouser@maperformance. Or even any one of our sales team members for immediate availability and get your new exhaust today!

View attachment 214214View attachment 214215View attachment 214216View attachment 214217View attachment 214218
Nice, would love to hear what it sounds like (using a high quality mic) under load outside and inside the car.

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
I had completely forgotten about this thread.

Interesting... So if I'm understanding it properly, there is an option of this to connect right to the lower V-Band of the MAP downpipe, eliminating that straight/resonated piece that normally goes in-between the upper part of the downpipe and the regular catback?

Is looks like your system is 4 pieces, excluding the tips?
Yes, you'll see a choice of ordering with a connection to the OEM downpipe and an option for a Vband connection to our MAP downpipe!

That first picture is those two front section options side by side. Third picture is the center section with the muffler and then the fourth picture is the rear section with the tips! So three sections total.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yes, you'll see a choice of ordering with a connection to the OEM downpipe and an option for a Vband connection to our MAP downpipe!

That first picture is those two front section options side by side. Third picture is the center section with the muffler and then the fourth picture is the rear section with the tips! So three sections total.

Looks very promising. The idea of reducing the number of pieces from the turbo back is definitely attractive, as well as it all being v-band connections vs. slip over clamps. Curious to see how it sounds.

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Looks very promising. The idea of reducing the number of pieces from the turbo back is definitely attractive, as well as it all being v-band connections vs. slip over clamps. Curious to see how it sounds.
Happy to hear this feedback! Thank you!

I also just got confirmation from my media team there will be a video going live on our YouTube channel on Monday the 24th at 11am central!

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
I apologize if this was asked before, but your website doesn give you the option to pick between mk7 or mk7.5 for the exhaust. From my understanding there is a difference with the space between the exhaust tips.

I really like the design of this. Was considering an AWE but I am not a fan of the lack of a middle hanger or the rear hangers with the clamps.