GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is louder? AWE Track or APR Exhaust

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
I'm between these two exhaust systems. I plan on keeping the stock downpipe. I'm wondering if anyone has first hand experience hearing both the AWE Track Edition or the APR Exhaust without the optional front muffler.

Beamer2Clean

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Please don't get the awe exhaust. IMO, it literally sounds like shit. The 2.25in y pipe section makes it sound muffled and just not clear. Buy the apr its amazing and if or whenever you do get a downpipes and its too loud, just add a vibrant ultra quiet. But IMO I would def not recommend the awe. sounds trash especially with stock dp.

mk7-k

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 'S' 4 door DSG
I have the APR with the resonator. It has a deep sound when starting and get louder as you get into it. Without the resonator I thought it was a little loud for me. It's a very well made system, I've had it for 2 years now and still pleased with my decision.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
I have the APR with the resonator. It has a deep sound when starting and get louder as you get into it. Without the resonator I thought it was a little loud for me. It's a very well made system, I've had it for 2 years now and still pleased with my decision.

Did you experience any drone when you didn’t have the resonator? Are you also using the stock downpipe?

mk7-k

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 'S' 4 door DSG
Yes, that's why I put the resonator. I have an APR down pipe and running an IS38 APR tune. The car has less drone between 55-70 mph.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Ah okay. I’m wondering if the APR would drone with the stock downpipe.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Please don't get the awe exhaust. IMO, it literally sounds like shit. The 2.25in y pipe section makes it sound muffled and just not clear. Buy the apr its amazing and if or whenever you do get a downpipes and its too loud, just add a vibrant ultra quiet. But IMO I would def not recommend the awe. sounds trash especially with stock dp.

What exhaust do you have?

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
I ran the AWE track with stock DP for a bit on a GTI. Mild under normal driving. Tone sounded good to me. A bit louder at cold start in colder weather. No drone. I‘ve run AWE on several cars and waiting to install another on current ride. Never have been disappointed with their products. Easy to find in classifieds and FB.. Like Navi said, they are most popular for a reason.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

You're smoking crack man. The AWE Track CBE does not sound like trash. It's fitment and quality is top notch and it has a very nice sound to it, especially on a WOT pull. AWE, hands down, is a much better exhaust than APR.

mk7-k

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 'S' 4 door DSG
Really, did you ever look at the APR and AWE side by side? The APR has as much if not more quality than the AWE. I won't say that they sound like crap. but I will say the APR sounds better.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
I don't think enough people have actually heard their cars at full tilt from outside.

These things sound pretty beefy from the factory; more so than even I thought, at first. You just don't get it inside. I'd suggest letting someone in to pass you under acceleration before buying another exhaust.

You really need to get the full experience of what you already have before introducing more noise and risking drone.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Really, did you ever look at the APR and AWE side by side? The APR has as much if not more quality than the AWE. I won't say that they sound like crap. but I will say the APR sounds better.

the apr came out 3 years after the awe and is a carbon copy. There is almost no difference. AWE has great customer service and quality. Try getting someone on the phone at APR.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
the apr came out 3 years after the awe and is a carbon copy. There is almost no difference. AWE has great customer service and quality. Try getting someone on the phone at APR.

How exactly is it a carbon copy? The Y pipe is a completely different design and diameter.