GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what is Driving School Mode?

cyclops

Ready to race!
looking to get a Golf possibly GTD for my driving school car and looking around I notice there is a "Driving School Mode" what exactly is this?
Thanks

evilfish5000

Passed Driver's Ed
I have to admit if I was 17 I would love to learn to drive in a gtd but practically i don't think is the best car for a 17 year. Think of the damage costs you pay out every other month when the wheels and tyres get curbed. I imagine with duel controls would kill any kind of warranty from vw as well. Also is there an insurance company mad enough to insure 180bhp to be used as a driving school learner car.

To me a gtd doesn't seem economical from a business cost view in this situation.

cyclops

Ready to race!
I have to admit if I was 17 I would love to learn to drive in a gtd but practically i don't think is the best car for a 17 year. Think of the damage costs you pay out every other month when the wheels and tyres get curbed. I imagine with duel controls would kill any kind of warranty from vw as well. Also is there an insurance company mad enough to insure 180bhp to be used as a driving school learner car.

To me a gtd doesn't seem economical from a business cost view in this situation.

Already had quotes for £650 on the insurance, as for hitting the wheels doesnt matter which Alloys are on the car, its gona cost either way however I have never had an issue with learners causing much damage to the wheels that is not easily sorted.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
The display includes not just the current vehicle speed, but also the average speed, turn signal status and a few other things. It help a driving instructor in the passenger seat keep tabs on the driver.

evilfish5000

Passed Driver's Ed
Already had quotes for £650 on the insurance, as for hitting the wheels doesnt matter which Alloys are on the car, its gona cost either way however I have never had an issue with learners causing much damage to the wheels that is not easily sorted.

Who are you getting insured with for that quote I need to contact them my insurance is due and I'm getting silly prices of around £800 plus. I still think your underestimating the tyre and wheel costs diamond cut wheels and low profile tyres even a minor curb scrape has a good potential to cost a bit to sort.

Still if you can make it work I'm sure there will be no shortage of mainly 17 year old lads who will happily give there leg to drive in a gtd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyclops

Ready to race!

Who are you getting insured with for that quote I need to contact them my insurance is due and I'm getting silly prices of around £800 plus. I still think your underestimating the tyre and wheel costs diamond cut wheels and low profile tyres even a minor curb scrape has a good potential to cost a bit to sort.

Still if you can make it work I'm sure there will be no shortage of mainly 17 year old lads who will happily give there leg to drive in a gtd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

insurance is from http://www.waveney-insurance.co.uk/

and my current car has diamond cut wheels, so i am aware of the issues around that.
I also use Alloygators to protect them :)

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
I would not want to put a learner driver in anything with more than 75 bhp/tonne .. :)