GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is an Inspection Service

ronniescott

Hi,

I am beginning to think I have been duped by a main dealer. I bought the TDi with 20.5K on the clock and it was on supposed to have a full service history. When I got home there was no service book. They gave me a blank one and a computer printout of the service history.

The car received an "Inspection Service" at 18K at a different dealership.

My dealership is insisting that an inspection service is a full service and I am therefore good to go to 38K on the extended interval.

However, I have looked carefully at the housing of the paper oil filter and it is absolutely clean. I don't think you could remove the top of the housing and the oil-sodden paper filter without spilling a single drop. I therefore suspect the car is running with the oil it was delivered with at zero milage.

Does anybody know DEFINITIVELY what is an Inspection Service.

Thanks,

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Its not the case of if it was a 'full service' or not - its a question of whether it was the correct service at that point in the cars life. If the car had 18k when it was done then that would be in line with the 'Longlife' servicing regime but woud have only been suitable if the car was doing more than 10k per year. When was that done?

The first service however is very minor on a VW - only an 'inspection' (hence the name) and a an oil/filter change.

On the other hand - if the vehicle was 'Approved Used' the dealer should have ensured that the cars service book was completed for you and not just handed over a blank one - thats not the way its done. I would write and complain about that and also make contact with the dealer that did this service (hopefully not far away) and verify what was done.

Its then down to the response from your dealer as to whether they rectify the situation or you end up visiting the servicing dealer to get your blank book stamped (which by the way will not have the new vehicle PDI inspection stamp in it either).

All in all less than satisfactory service from this dealer.