GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What Happened To My Paint???!!!! Clear Coat Issue on 2017 MK7?

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
Can you feel them with your fingers or is it still smooth?

I've seen kinda similar from crappy repaints where the base coat never fully dried before they clear coated but never on a factory paint job.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
wow, this is rediculous, is the clearcoat like literally separated entirely from the base coat? how in the world would this happen otherwise?

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
I had some spots that eventually went away..nothing bad as the OP. Some others I had to polish out as they were clear water spots that etched the paint. This is my first car with clear coat that seems precarious to me..just looking at it can scratch it and any water has the potential to spot it. Could be the tornado red just shows everything in the clear coat. I'm like fanatical now about using sealants and will probably move on to a stronger ceramic coating in the future. Love the red color but the clear coat paint just seems precarious and fragile to me.

EJK15

Car(s)
Taos VW
Can you feel them with your fingers or is it still smooth?

I've seen kinda similar from crappy repaints where the base coat never fully dried before they clear coated but never on a factory paint job.
It is smooth, I just received call from dealer. They tried to fix it using heat and it did not work. I do not know what the next step is