GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What happened to Erwin access?

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
I had purchased a 1-day license from them last year and I'm needing some new information. I go to check-out and it's a little different. Now they want an "Erwin ID"?

TLDR looking for WM mk7 GTI Ecu pin-out and wiring for the ignition coils and fuel system.

checkout.PNG

erwin.PNG

Last edited:

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I just bought the Erwin manuals a few days ago, it took me to a separate site to pay, and then I got an email saying the credits were added to my account to "purchase" the 1 day access.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
What did you use for the Erwin Id? just made up numbers?

Attachments

• erwin.PNG
    erwin.PNG
    40.1 KB · Views: 119

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
https://erwin.vw.com/erwin/

directs me to the previously mentioned site (in the picture below) which demands an "Erwin ID"
I'm just wondering what happens If i make up a number and submit it
checkout.PNG

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I'm not sure if I'm blind, but I don't see an "Erwin ID". I went to the literature.vw.com site, clicked on the ODIS tile and added the 1 day subscription to my cart, got the email that the credits were deposited in my Erwin account and I checked out.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Maybe I am incorrect, but I interpret erWin ID as your erWin user ID. That would provide erWin to know that user has paid and to contact. It states the following as a pop up on the erWin site when I log on.

"We are experiencing issues with our credit card payment provider for erWin Service Information and ODIS Diagnostic subscriptions.

The purchasing process for erWin and ODIS Subscriptions will change on Monday September 21st, and could last through the end of the year.

To make a purchase, go through the normal process on erWin, but during checkout you will be directed to a 3rd party website to complete your payment. Once complete, VWGoA will contact you within 1 business day with your next steps.

Please expect a 1 business day delay in processing from the time you place your order. If the purchase is made after normal business hours (7AM-4PM ET and weekends), the subscription may not be available until the next business day. We apologize for this inconvenience. If you have questions, please email techinfo@vw.com"

Last edited:

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Maybe I am incorrect, but I interpret erWin ID as your erWin user ID. So erWin knows that user has paid, so VWGoa can contact you with next steps as stated in the pop up menu provided below.

"We are experiencing issues with our credit card payment provider for erWin Service Information and ODIS Diagnostic subscriptions.

The purchasing process for erWin and ODIS Subscriptions will change on Monday September 21st, and could last through the end of the year.

To make a purchase, go through the normal process on erWin, but during checkout you will be directed to a 3rd party website to complete your payment. Once complete, VWGoA will contact you within 1 business day with your next steps.

Please expect a 1 business day delay in processing from the time you place your order. If the purchase is made after normal business hours (7AM-4PM ET and weekends), the subscription may not be available until the next business day. We apologize for this inconvenience. If you have questions, please email techinfo@vw.com"
I will give that a shot. Like I'm obviously not a licensed dealer or tech for VWGoA so I just don't wanna lock myself out

-- Yes you were correct. Glad I didn't make up numbers for that part

check-out.PNG