GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What Freebies did you get...?

UlfB

My car handover got delayed till today, cars currently at the RTA registration centre.

Was interested to know if you managed to get anything out of the dealer as token of there appreciation, for brand loyalty?

The dealer kind of messed up with the part exchange, i wanted to transfer my old plate to the new car however she forgot to do so when i handed in my Mk5, hoping that would help me wrangle some freebies out of them.

Anyway can't wait to get behind the wheel.

Regards.

sanaveed90

Passed Driver's Ed
To begin with, I got a tank full of petrol.

Then I got a "Welcome Package" couriered to me. It was nothing but a VW leather ledger with a pen and a notepad and a link to download the free application for the VW Service Center or something.

I also received a Membership card which says International Automotive and Touring Club which I have no idea what to do with :p

dasGTI2

Hey,

Didnt get much either. 3/4th tank of fuel. 2 VW keychains and that's about it.
The welcome package was couriered to me a few days later. It is something every VW customer gets I guess

Ahmoodys

Passed Driver's Ed
Same stuff here for VW Abu Dhabi, but I haven't received yet my welcome pack, they called and said they're gonna send it, but no news until now. I recived my car in the end of March.

UlfB

Ok got my car and it's been dropped off at V-Kool.

Managed to get the GTi key rings plus the standard VW ones. Plus the GTi thermos flask, also got them to provide a free detailing. Reason for the freebies was when I picked up the car I noticed lots of scratches, although they were not massive it was obvious whoever wiped it down used a dirty cloth a' la eppco style. Car is due in for complementary detailing and paint protection thanks to a quick save by the local sales manager.

Wasn't an amazing ownership experience at first but they managed to swing it around. I can only hope the detailing fixes all the issues. I was about to scream when the cleaner used the same cloth that he had applied alloy cleaner to wipe down the water smears on the bonnet.

Let's see how it goes.

Regards.

mon2s

Ready to race!
Absolutely nothing which is a bit disappointing. Mind you, everything about the car itself makes up for it.

Mixer2011

I got a free window tint from Ziebart, VW keychain, VW cap, VW ID holder and a VW tissue box from Qauto, Qatar.

Last edited:

exiscute

Passed Driver's Ed
I got the regular VW Keychains, an Emaar Voucher book (which had a validity of one year but only had like 5 days left), a Notebook and pen and a free 3M Car paint care package with Glass cleaner, Rim cleaner and paint polish and a microfibre cloth all in a black box.

kind of made me sad as i thought I bought a premium car (it's premium to me be but i thought it might be premium to them as well) i wanted the Keychain but alas .. it's all good the car makes up for any shortcomings (including the fact that i had to wait 2 weeks on top of the 6 months before the car was handed over to me.)

Al Nabooda Dubai (Sheikh Zayed Road branch)

sanaveed90

Passed Driver's Ed
I got the regular VW Keychains, an Emaar Voucher book (which had a validity of one year but only had like 5 days left), a Notebook and pen and a free 3M Car paint care package with Glass cleaner, Rim cleaner and paint polish and a microfibre cloth all in a black box.

kind of made me sad as i thought I bought a premium car (it's premium to me be but i thought it might be premium to them as well) i wanted the Keychain but alas .. it's all good the car makes up for any shortcomings (including the fact that i had to wait 2 weeks on top of the 6 months before the car was handed over to me.)

Al Nabooda Dubai (Sheikh Zayed Road branch)

You got alot more than what I got. I got a free sunshade. :p
And yes, from the same branch.

exiscute

Passed Driver's Ed
You got alot more than what I got. I got a free sunshade. :p
And yes, from the same branch.

Wow!! What makes their services so different? Maybe the sales staff?
Mine was "Ravi" .. oh and also i got a sunshade... forgot to add that.
That sort of puts it into perspective, getting free stuff is actually kinda nice but then I've been his customer for 5 years now.

EB2429

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTi 7.5
I think it may depend on what discount you can get. We got a tank of fuel which I think is std in the UK, and a basic bottle of champagne. Much rather have the discount we got;)

Sheikh It

Passed Driver's Ed
I got one year free comprehensive insurance, the 'extended' (5-year) warranty, two VW leather key fobs, a folding VW crepe paper sun shade for the windscreen, a paper VW-branded bag and a VW polo shirt which I gave away. They also paid for the car registration.

Not sure how many of these count as freebies but they weren't extra!

DaveGTI1

I received a sunshade, 2 key fobs, 4 polo shirts.

The car came with 3 years complimentary servicing and 5 year warranty (not sure if this counts as a freebie). I also negotiated a a good discount, got a very good trade-in price for my Mustang, and even got the reversing camera installed for free! So actually pretty happy with the package.

However, the tank was empty and in the red when I picked up the car, which (even though the fuel is cheap here) really annoyed me for some reason.

They delivered the car very nicely, kept it under a big sheet and then whipped it off when we arrived. Nice and theatrical, the kids loved it!

Last edited:

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
I got 2 VW key chains and 2 sun shades in October 2013. Never even received the welcome pack!

The car was full of problems with the control unit which took about 2 months to fix (car was with them for 1.5 months) and for allll of that trouble, I got a cheap red gti cap. Took delivery of the car and dropped to service center the next day. :mad:

Shitty Nabooda service as always! (only vw though).

Nabooda service for dads Porsche is brilliant! For moms Audi I would say its in between haha