GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What does a MAP sensor do exactly?

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
Kind of confused about what it does exactly.
Does an upgraded one allow us to increase boost to the engine? Or does it do something else. I tried to look up the answer on google, but I only became more confused. (n):whistle:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Some map sensors only read to 3 bar. Dunno if ours is like that. People swap it cuz they want to run more boost. If your map can only see up to 3 bar but you’re running a crap ton of boost, you’ll be in a situation where it’s out of spec

basically a map sensor is the fuck face cousin of the maf sensor. Map sensor calculates air density. It wants to know how thicc the air is. It sees that flow rate and tells the ecu. The ecu then knows how much fuel to ejaculate through the injectors. The ecu figures this out by reading that thicc thicc map sensor and other sensors data.

say you’re the maf. U ever had a cousin that had better toys plus his bitch ass would rub it in your face? That’s a map sensor. In a way

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yup, stock only reads 43 psi including atmospheric- so with the stock PUT location 3 bar you cannot get it to request anymore that high 29psi with your tune. It’s not an item you change and it gets you more boost it’s just a tool that’s part of the setup to run more boost.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yup, stock only reads 43 psi including atmospheric- so with the stock PUT location 3 bar you cannot get it to request anymore that high 29psi with your tune. It’s not an item you change and it gets you more boost it’s just a tool that’s part of the setup to run more boost.
I can’t imagine too many people really needing eqt’s 5 bar upgrade

it’s a great option for the few that could need it though.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Some map sensors only read to 3 bar. Dunno if ours is like that. People swap it cuz they want to run more boost. If your map can only see up to 3 bar but you’re running a crap ton of boost, you’ll be in a situation where it’s out of spec

basically a map sensor is the fuck face cousin of the maf sensor. Map sensor calculates air density. It wants to know how thicc the air is. It sees that flow rate and tells the ecu. The ecu then knows how much fuel to ejaculate through the injectors. The ecu figures this out by reading that thicc thicc map sensor and other sensors data.

say you’re the maf. U ever had a cousin that had better toys plus his bitch ass would rub it in your face? That’s a map sensor. In a way
Thanks for that. Now I'm going to drive around thinking about how much fuel is being ejaculated through the injectors.